HazCom Training: Intro to Hazard Communication and GHS - Online Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Hazardous chemicals are a fact of life in most workplaces. They're needed to help manufacture many of the products we use in our daily lives. The potential for accidents, incidents, and injuries is always present when people work with, or in the vicinity of, hazardous chemicals. But, by knowing and understanding the basic nature of those chemicals and how to safely work with or around them, employees can greatly decrease any risk that might be present.
This training is designed to instruct learners about chemicals and the methods used to provide them with information about their hazards. Specifically, it covers how to keep themselves safe through education on the Hazard Communication Standard, chemical hazards, Safety Data Sheets, container labels, and best practices.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Hazardous Chemicals
- HazCom Standard
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- Chemical Classification
- Manufacturer Requirements
- Chemical Inventory
- Company Requirements
- Hazards of Chemicals
- Types of Hazards
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe how the Hazard Communication Standard keeps you safe from the dangers of hazardous chemicals
- Identify who is responsible for determining a chemical's hazards
- Recognize common hazards of chemicals
- Intended Audience: All employees who have an exposure or a potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.1200
- Length: 10 minutes
- Languages: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2021
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.