EPA receives millionth hazardous waste e-Manifest submission
Posted March 18, 2019
EPA announced that as of the end of February 2019 it had received its millionth hazardous waste e-Manifest submission from industry and state users. In June 2018, EPA transitioned from a paper-intensive tracking process to an electronic system, known as “e-Manifest.”
EPA’s e-Manifest system currently receives about 5,000 hazardous waste manifests per day. The system helps track all federally regulated hazardous waste from its generation point, through its transportation routes, to the place of final treatment, storage, or disposal.
EPA says benefits of the e-Manifest system include:
- Accurate and more timely information on waste shipments;
- Rapid notification of discrepancies or other problems related to a shipment;
- Creation of a single hub for one-stop reporting of manifest data for use by EPA and states;
- Increased effectiveness of compliance monitoring of waste shipments by regulators; and
- The potential for integrating manifest reporting with the hazardous waste biennial reporting process and other federal and state information systems.
J. J. Keller's uniform hazardous waste manifests are EPA approved and help you comply with hazwaste manifest requirements.
J. J. Keller's FREE Workplace SafetyClicks™ email newsletter brings quick-read safety and compliance news right to your email box.