HAZWOPER: Hazardous Substance Recognition & Identification - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51585
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
This HAZWOPER training course is designed to teach learners the methods and resources available to help recognize and identify hazardous substances, how to use the Emergency Response Guidebook (or ERG), the hazards of hazardous substances in an emergency, how to assess risk in an emergency, and initial decision-making in an emergency.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Recognition Methods
- Container Characteristics
- Markings & Color-Codes
- Using Your Senses
- Spotting Criminal/Terrorist Activity
- Identification Methods
- Identification Labels & Markers
- Shipping Papers
- Safety Data Sheets
- Emergency Response Guidebook
- Other Identification Sources
- Difficulties with Identification
- Other Information Sources
- Hazards, Outcomes, & Risks
- Emergency Response Incident Hazards
- Potential Outcomes of an Emergency
- Basic Risk Assessment Techniques
- Responder Determinations & Decisions
- Awareness Determinations
- Preparatory Decisions
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- List methods used to help recognize hazardous substances
- List methods used to help identify hazardous substances
- Describe the ERG and how to use it
- Have an awareness that hazards and risks are associated with hazardous substances in emergencies
- Discuss several potential outcomes associated with emergencies involving hazardous substances
- Discuss basic hazard and risk assessment
- Discuss decisions which can be made based on information gathered in the recognition, identification, and assessment process
- Intended Audience: Any employees who may be involved or expected to engage in:
- Hazardous waste cleanup operations where the employee may be exposed to hazardous substances; or
- A response to an occurrence which results, or is likely to result, in an uncontrolled release of a hazardous substance
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.120, 29 CFR 1910.144, 29 CFR 1910.145, 29 CFR 1910.1200, 29 CFR 1910.1201, 29 CFR 1926.200, 29 CFR 1926.65, 40 CFR 311 and 49 CFR 172
- Length: 50 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2017
This online course is part of the HAZWOPER: Emergency Response Initial Training: Awareness-Level Responders Curriculum.
To view the other 2 courses included in this curriculum, as well as other levels of emergency responders training, visit the Hazwoper Training Page.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.