OSHA releases trench safety public service announcement
Posted September 24, 2018
OSHA has released a public service announcement on trench safety that highlights safety measures to help eliminate hazards and prevent worker injuries. The brief video, “Five Things You Should Know to Stay Safe in a Trench,” advises workers to:
- Ensure there’s a safe way to enter and exit the trench.
- Ensure the trench has cave-in protection.
- Keep materials away from the edge of the trench.
- Look for standing water or other hazards.
- Never enter a trench unless it has been inspected.
The Agency says it has made reducing trenching and excavation hazards a priority goal.
J. J. Keller's OSHA Excavation Standard Handbook puts key regulations of OSHA's Excavation Standard into language employees can easily understand.
J. J. Keller's FREE Workplace SafetyClicks™ email newsletter brings quick-read workplace safety and compliance news right to your email box.