OSHA discontinues video loan program
Posted February 6, 2018
OSHA’s Directorate of Training and Education will close the Resource Center Loan Program on February 15. Originally intended to provide training videos for OSHA Outreach Training Program trainers, the program is being discontinued because of a significant decrease in requests for materials. OSHA says the decrease is likely due to the age of the material, advancements in technology, and easy access to more current information available on the Internet and other sources.
The Resource Center offered more than 600 training videos covering approximately 100 occupational safety and health subjects. In addition to OSHA Outreach Trainers, eligible borrowers included OSHA:
- National, Regional, and Area Office employees,
- Consultation Program employees,
- State Plan States employees,
- Voluntary Protection Program Site employees,
- Education Center employees,
- Cooperative Program Members (SHARP, VPP, Alliance, and Strategic Partnership) and
- Other federal agency occupational safety and health trainers.
OSHA says many of the training videos are now available on OSHA’s Videos webpage.
J. J. Keller's OSHA Safety Training Newsletter helps you improve your training techniques and meet OSHA requirements.
J. J. Keller's FREE Workplace SafetyClicks™ email newsletter brings quick-read workplace safety and compliance news right to your email box.