Some of the more complicated commercial motor vehicle (CMV) rules and regulations revolve around trip permits, IFTA fuel tax, fleet taxes, and vehicle licensing. Along with Federal laws and regulations, carriers must also be aware of the legal requirements each state imposes on CMVs, such as state-specific size/weight limits and intrastate operating authority.
J. J. Keller offers a wide selection of Internet applications, manuals, and bulletins to help you understand and make sense of trip permits, IFTA reporting, truck license, truck permits, and reporting regulations. These comprehensive solutions and services can help you:
- Keep your fleet outfitted with the proper trip permits
- Comply with the Unified Carrier Registration Agreement (UCRA), federal and state operating authority requirements, USDOT numbers and vehicle markings, IFTA fuel tax, and IRP requirements
- File your Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT)/2290 taxes
- Obtain temporary plates for your new units and renew your International Registration Plan (IRP), International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA fuel tax) and mileage tax accounts
- Reduce the labor and time required in maintaining your records
- Understand the various types of temporary permits — J. J. Keller® Temporary Permits from Keller-Permits®
- Centralize your trip permit, fuel tax, and licensing information for efficient fleet management
- Know when any exemptions apply to you
- And much more
Keeping your fleet of vehicles and equipment legal and working toward your financial success takes knowledge of tax laws, state-specific rules and processes, and the time and resources to do it right. Click here for a free Webcast Download - "IFTA & IRP: What You Need to Know"