OSHA's Permit-Required Confined Spaces standard (CFR 29 1910.146) is intended to protect workers from toxic, explosive, or asphyxiating atmospheres; from possible engulfment or entrapment; and from other hazards.
Under this standard, employers must:
- Identify each permit-required confined space in their workplace.
- Prevent unauthorized entry into permit-required confined spaces.
- Protect authorized entrants from hazards through a permit space program.
Our confined space training and solutions can help you:
- Understand the definition of a confined space and a permit-required confined space.
- Identify hazards associated with working in permit spaces.
- Know the general rules and responsibilities of the authorized entrant, attendant, and entry supervisor.
- Identify the role of the emergency rescue team.
Confined Spaces Solutions
Ensure safety around confined spaces with a wide range of products – including training, signs, and PPE – all backed by our in-house compliance experts.
Helps employees meet requirements of the OSHA standard regarding confined spaces.
Inform your employees of the danger posed by permit-required confined spaces.
Protect your workers from the hazards of a permit-required confined space.
Shop guides, manuals, newsletters and handbooks to help educate employees about permit-required confined spaces.
SMS, formerly KellerOnline®, provides safety management system tools and applications to help drive performance, reduce risk, and ensure compliance.
Consultants work to provide continuous support including OSHA assessments, program development, environmental reporting and more.
Ongoing on-site guidance and resources for improving workplace compliance.