OSHA’s Permit-Required Confined Space standard is intended to protect workers from toxic, explosive, or asphyxiating atmospheres; from possible engulfment or entrapment; and from other hazards. Under this standard, employers must:
- Identify each permit-required confined space in their workplace.
- Prevent unauthorized entry into permit confined spaces.
- Protect authorized entrants from hazards through a permit space program.
Our confined space training and solutions can help you:
- Understand the definition of a confined space and a permit-required confined space.
- Identify hazards associated with working in permit spaces.
- Know the general rules and responsibilities of the authorized entrant,
attendant, and entry supervisor.
- Identify the role of the emergency rescue team.
Free Informational Video
Confined Spaces: What You Need to Know explains the similarities and differences between the new construction confined spaces standard and the existing general industry standard. Watch the video now.
Essential Confined Spaces Solutions
Helps employees meet requirements of the OSHA standard regarding confined spaces.
Inform your employees of the danger posed by permit-required confined spaces.
Protect your workers from the hazards of a permit-required confined space.
Shop guides, manuals, newsletters and handbooks to help keep employees safe in permit-required confined spaces.
Online service offers tools and applications to help comply with OSHA confined space requirements.
Consultants work to provide continuous support including OSHA assessments, program development, environmental reporting and more.
Ongoing on-site guidance and resources for improving workplace compliance.