Reasonable Suspicion Testing: What Supervisors Need to Know - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 38763, 66644
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- Helps you comply with requirements of 49 CFR 382.603 (all persons designated to supervise drivers must receive at least 60 minutes of training on alcohol misuse and 60 minutes of training on controlled substance use)
- Helps your supervisors gain the knowledge and confidence they need to make reasonable suspicion determinations by:
- Covering 30 minutes of training on the prohibitions and the reasonable suspicion process
- Covering 30 minutes of training on the effects of alcohol misuse
- Covering 30 minutes of training on the effects of drug use
- Providing access to additional, offline training of:
- 30 minutes on alcohol misuse, and
- 30 minutes on drug use.
- The J. J. Keller's Reasonable Suspicion Testing: What Supervisors Need to Know eLearning course covers the following topic:
- Regulatory requirements regarding reasonable suspicion determination
- The reasonable suspicion process (observe, confirm, document, confront, test)
- How to approach a driver (techniques to use to ease tense situations)
- How to handle difficult situations when confronting drivers
- Documenting observed behavior
- What happens after testing?
- The warning signs of alcohol misuse and drug abuse and what you should look for when determining reasonable suspicion
- The effects of alcohol and drugs on the body
- Intended Audience: All persons designated to supervise CMV drivers
- Length: 150 minutes (includes 60 minutes of material for study outside of the online course)
- Language: Available in English and Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2014 (Rev. 1/16, 1/18)
This course is not designed to fully satisfy the regulations by itself. Trainers may need to provide the learner with supplemental materials, such as a copy of the company policy, and verify the learner has satisfied the time requirements set forth in 49 CFR Part 382.603 in order to be regulatory compliant.
Interested in this course on your Learning Management System?
Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the regulations that apply to reasonable suspicion testing, including the alcohol and drug prohibitions
- Identify the five steps in the reasonable suspicion process and explain how to successfully execute each step
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of alcohol abuse and drug use and describe what to look for when determining reasonable suspicion
J. J. Keller's Reasonable Suspicion Testing: What Supervisors Need to Know covers the following topics:
- Rules & Regulations
- Who is Covered by the Regulations
- The Prohibitions
- CSA/Controlled Substances & Alcohol BASIC
- The Reasonable Suspicion Process
- Effects of Alcohol Misuse
- Signs & Symptoms of Use
- Health Effects
- How Alcohol Impairs Driving Abilities
- What to Look for When Determining Reasonable Suspicion
- Effects of Drug Use
- Classes of Drugs
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Over-the-Counter & Prescription Medications
- What Next?
- Violating the Prohibitions
- Alcohol & Drug Testing Records
- Providing Help
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.