OSHA to hold PSM stakeholder meeting Oct. 12
Posted October 7, 2022
OSHA will hold a virtual, informal stakeholder meeting for its Process Safety Management (PSM) Standard on October 12. The agency is considering numerous updates to 29 CFR 1910.119, including:
- Clarifying the exemption for atmospheric storage tanks;
- Expanding the scope to include oil- and gas-well drilling and servicing;
- Resuming enforcement for oil and gas production facilities;
- Expanding PSM coverage and requirements for reactive chemical hazards; and
- Clarifying the scope of the retail facilities exemption.
Written comments on the potential changes to the rule must be submitted by November 14 in docket number OSHA-2013-0020 at regulations.gov.
This article was written by Rachel Krubsack of J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
Looking for more on workplace safety?
Get the information and products you need to stay on top of industry changes and comply with regs.
J. J. Keller's free Workplace SafetyClicks™ e-newsletter brings quick-read safety and compliance news right to your inbox.Sign up to receive Workplace SafetyClicks™