Workplace Safety Basics: Work Practices - Online Training Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Codes: 49779, 49780
NOTE: This training course is intended to provide employees with just a high-level overview on key safety topics related to safe work practices. For more in-depth training on any specific topic, please see our complete library of training topics.
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Workplace safety is a shared responsibility between employers and their employees. Under the General Duty Clause, (Section 5(a)(1) of the OSH Act of 1970,) OSHA requires the employer to provide a safe environment for their employees. However, each employee needs to be aware of the potential hazards they may be exposed to, take action to avoid or eliminate them, and report hazards/unsafe conditions as they arise.
This program is designed to provide learners with a high-level overview of a number of workplace safety tips & safety topics. Specifically, it covers an introduction to generic safe work practices.
- The J. J. Keller's Workplace Safety Basics: Work Practices eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Back Safety
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- After completing this course, learners will be able to demonstrate safe work practices and procedures that can help protect themselves and others around them.
- Intended Audience: New employees for orientation training or any employee in need of a high-level overview of various workplace safety topics
- Length: 15 minutes
- Available in English & Spanish
- Regs Covered: OSHA's General Duty Clause (Section 5(a)(1) of the OSH Act of 1970), 29 CFR 1910 Subpart D (Walking-Working Surfaces), Subpart I (Personal Protective Equipment), 1910.95 (Occupational Noise Exposure), and 1910.132 (Personal Protective Equipment - General)
- Copyright Date: 2017
Other courses in the Workplace Safety Basics curriculum:
- Workplace Safety Basics: Work Environment - Online Training Course
- Workplace Safety Basics: Safe Use of Equipment - Online Training Course
- Workplace Safety Basics: In Case of an Emergency - Online Training Course
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-800-327-6868.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.