Vehicle Inspections: Tractor Trailers - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- Successful commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers must do all they can to avoid accidents, roadside breakdowns and lost road time due to poor vehicle maintenance. Conducting vehicle inspections helps drivers keep their vehicles in working order. Routine vehicle inspections enable drivers to discover unsafe conditions before they cause accidents or crashes, find mechanical problems before they lead to costly breakdowns, prevent being placed out of service during a roadside inspection and avoid being subject to infractions/fines that affect productivity and profits.
- This course is designed to help properly prepare property-carrying CMV drivers for conducting pre-trip, on-the-road and post-trip inspections on standard CMVs.
- The J. J. Keller's Vehicle Inspections: Tractor Trailers eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Pre-Trip Inspections
- Getting Started
- Step 1: Engine Compartment & Front Axle Components
- Step 2: In-Cab Inspection
- Step 3: Lights
- Step 4: Walk-Around
- Step 5: Brakes System Check
- On-the-Road Inspections
- When to Perform
- How to Perform
- Post-Trip Inspections
- Pre-Trip Inspections
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Conduct a thorough pre-trip inspection
- Explain when an on-the-road inspection needs to be done, and how to complete one
- Complete a proper post-trip inspection
- Explain when a Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) is required, and how to complete one
- Discuss the importance of using the same inspection routine every time they drive
- Intended Audience: All drivers of property-carrying commercial motor vehicles
- Regs Covered: FMCSR Section 392.7 and 396.13 (pre-trip), 392.9 (on-the-road), and 396.11 (post-trip)
- Length: 45 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2016 (Rev. 12/16)
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.