Sexual Harassment Prevention: Additional Training for Retail Environments - Online Training Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Codes: 58978, 58979
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Designed as an industry-specific add-on to Sexual Harassment Prevention Modules 1-5!
Nearly one in six charges of sexual harassment filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) comes from the retail industry, according to EEOC. Due to the public-facing and decentralized nature of the work, retail employees are uniquely vulnerable to sexual harassment.
These experiences can take an emotional, psychological, and physical toll on employees, resulting in high turnover, low morale, and lost productivity. In addition, companies that fail to address claims of sexual harassment can suffer costly court cases, negative publicity, and reputation damage.
There are multiple definitions of sexual harassment, and all of them contain a degree of subjectivity. Recognize that sexual harassment is not a black and white issue because it involves subjective experiences. This training session will help you identify behaviors that constitute sexual harassment and techniques you can use in response to those behaviors to help keep your workplace respectful and safe.
This online course is designed to help identify and respond to sexual harassment in the retail industry. Specifically, this training will teach employees how to recognize illegal behavior from coworkers and customers, and how to respond in the unfortunate event that it does occur.
This online course helps learners understand what sexual harassment is, where it can happen, who it can happen to, and possible consequences for all involved.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- It Can Happen Anywhere
- Possible relationships to those involved
- Examples of possible harassers
- Recognize Normalizing
- How normalizing presents itself in retail
- How to reduce normalizing
- How Can You Take Action?
- Bystander setup
- IDEA™ Anti-Harassment Actions
- It Can Happen Anywhere
- After completing this sexual harassment training course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize Normalizing in the retail industry
- Explain how to respond to harassment by choosing an appropriate IDEA™ Anti-Harassment Action
- Intended Audience: Any level associate in a retail workplace environment
- Length: 20 minutes
- Language: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2019
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.
About the Expert
Sexual harassment training is vital to administer in organizations. However, many employees dislike this type of training – often because they feel unfairly accused of being a harasser or a victim of sexual harassment.
J. J. Keller's new sexual harassment training program offers the information of a standard legally compliant training program, but frames this information from a bystander's perspective. This technique is based on my own research on employee reactions to sexual harassment training and is designed to reduce backlash reactions to training. The bystander perspective helps employees identify with a positive role – the active bystander role – that can help prevent sexual harassment in the workplace.
This training doesn't stop at presenting the legal definitions; it helps employees understand the social complexity of sexual harassment. The training makes it clear that small disrespectful behaviors can add up to a toxic culture over time, and it encourages employees to maintain a respectful workplace culture by using the IDEA model of bystander intervention.
The IDEA model offers potential bystanders multiple options to intervene in a sexual harassment situation so that they can choose the option they are most comfortable and confident executing. These options direct employees to be an active bystander by deescalating the conflict, protecting the target of the harassment from harm, and notifying the appropriate organizational leaders of the problematic situation before it becomes another #MeToo scandal.