- Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) drivers spend most of their workday out on the road. Whether they are traveling to unfamiliar locations or following a routine route, a potential threat to their personal security and safety could appear anywhere during the course of their trip.
- This truck driver training program is designed to help with driver safety by teaching them how to recognize and avoid possibly harmful situations. Specifically, it is a candid discussion of the potential threats drivers face and their best course of action to keep themselves safe from theft and physical violence.
- Focuses on three key areas:
- Before Heading Out
- On-The-Road Threats
- Dangerous Situations When Stopped
- Specifically, the program covers how to:
- Plan your route
- Spot and avoid aggressive drivers
- Respond to roadside threats
- Prevent theft
- Stay safe at truck stops and loading docks
- Ready-to-use security training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
The program includes four hazard perception challenge scenarios that allow drivers to put into practice what they've learned from the main program. Each of the four scenarios will present a dangerous situation drivers could encounter and challenge them to think about the best way to respond. The video will then include an explanation of what steps could have been taken to avoid that situation.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your intranet or LMS?
For a quote to use this DVD's content on your company intranet or learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-327-6868. Learn more.