Master Driver: Rural Driving - Online Training Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- Helps drivers recognize and deal with the unique set of hazards they normally don't contend with when driving on interstate highways
- The J. J. Keller's Master Driver: Rural Driving eLearning course covers the following topic:
- Sharing the road with school buses, farm equipment, and horse-driven buggies
- Tips for handling high-risk situations
- Specific driving strategies for safer rural driving
- Negotiating passing lanes and passing
- How to avoid falling into routine or pattern driving
- And more
- Course keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
- Copyright Date: 2010 (Rev. 8/13)
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
- Introduction - Explains the need to re-visit rural driving basics, because nearly twice as many traffic fatalities occur in rural areas than anywhere else.
- Rural Driving Defined - Discusses that rural driving presents different hazards and requires a different mindset and a different approach to defensive driving than interstate or city driving.
- Getting Ready to Drive - Reviews the critical need to complete a pre-trip vehicle inspection, what should go into planning your route, and checking cargo securement.
- What to Avoid En Route - Discusses vehicle breakdowns, highway hypnosis and pattern driving, and how to deal with each.
- Common Rural Hazards
- Driving - Covers speed & space management issues specific to driving in rural areas.
- Passing - Covers passing, being passed and designated passing lanes.
- Slow-Moving Vehicles - Covers how to safely deal with other road users.
- Animals - Covers how to avoid risky encounters with wild and domestic animals.
- In-Cab Distractions - Covers how to avoid becoming a hazard to others.
- Conclusion - Emphasizes the need to preparing yourself and your vehicle for a safe drive in rural areas.
Approximately 45 minutes
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.