Master Driver: Pattern Driving - Online Training Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- Provides strategies to help keep drivers alert and aware while on the road
- Helps drivers avoid hazardous situations that can occur when coming out of a pattern-driving daze
- The J. J. Keller's Master Driver: Pattern Driving eLearning course covers the following topic:
- Highway hypnosis
- Everyday complacency
- And other dangerous pattern-driving behaviors
- Course keeps your drivers' attention with dramatic footage, dynamic graphics, 3-D animation, hazard perception challenge scenarios, and "Road Wise" commentary from seasoned transport pros.
- Copyright Date: 2010 (Rev. 8/13)
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
- Introduction – Explains that highway hypnosis, tunneling out, white line fever, etc. are all forms of pattern driving, and pattern driving typically happens when regular runs become too routine.
- Pattern Driving Defined – Explains that pattern driving is the dangerous state you enter into when routine takes over, and you unconsciously slip into autopilot, which puts you and everyone else on the road at risk.
- The Results of Pattern Driving – Reviews how interstate driving, rural driving and city driving routes can all lead to highway hypnosis or pattern driving and complacency.
- The Causes of Pattern Driving – Discusses that no matter what form pattern driving takes, the root causes are: environment, boredom, repetition, routine, fatigue, and weather.
- How to Avoid Pattern Driving
- Trance Busters – Covers techniques to use to break spell-binding patterns to force your mind to engage in the task of driving.
- Triggers – Covers another strategy to use as a trance buster to keep your mind active and in sync with your body and with the world outside your rig.
- Conclusion – Emphasizes that if you ignore the obvious dangers of pattern driving, you could be asking for problems, such as getting pulled over, losing time, or injuring yourself and/or others in a crash.
Approximately 45 minutes
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.