Lockout/Tagout: Put a Lock on Hazardous Energy - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 41836, 66642
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- Enhanced with the EyeCue® Visual Learning System - See "EyeCue" tab for more details.
- Helps satisfy requirements under OSHA's Control of Hazardous Energy standard (29 CFR 1910.147)
- The J. J. Keller's Lockout/Tagout: Put a Lock on Hazardous Energy eLearning course covers the following topic:
- Control of Energy
- Hazardous Energy
- How Accidents Happen
- OSHA Regulations
- Who is Involved
- Lockout Basics
- When to Use Procedure
- Steps: Apply Lockout
- Steps: Remove Lockout
- Lock Requirements
- Tagout Basics
- When to Use Procedure
- Steps: Apply Tagout
- Steps: Remove Tagout
- Tag Requirements
- Special Cases
- Group Lockout & Group Tagout
- Shift Change
- Vehicle Lockout/Tagout
- Authorized Person is Unavailable
- Control of Energy
- Intended Audience: Employees in general industry workplaces who repair, service, maintain, test, operate, or who have access to an area where machines may be locked out or tagged out for any reason
- Length: Approximately 60 minutes
- Language: Available in English and Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2014 (Rev. 3/16), with EyeCue 2014 (Rev. 3/16)
After completing the Lockout/Tagout: Put a Lock on Hazardous Energy online training course, learners will be able to:
- Identify sources of hazardous energy
- Describe the three different types of employees recognized in a lockout or tagout program
- Distinguish lockout from tagout
- Explain how to perform lockout and tagout procedures
- Use a group lockout device safely
- Recognize exceptions to lockout and tagout requirements
OSHA’s Control of Hazardous Energy standard (29 CFR 1910.147) mandates training, inspections, and recordkeeping to ensure that workers will not be injured by unexpected start-up or release of energy from a machine or piece of equipment during service or maintenance.
Whatever your role in lockout/tagout, you need to understand the reasons for lockout/tagout and know the established procedures. Lockout/Tagout: Put a Lock on Hazardous Energy is designed to raise your awareness about the importance of lockout/tagout and teach you both when and how to follow the procedures every time they’re needed.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
J. J. Keller® EyeCue® Visual Learning System
Reinforce your safety and compliance training throughout the workplace with J. J. Keller® training programs featuring the J. J. Keller® EyeCue® Visual Learning System.
The EyeCue® system is a whole new way of training, and how it works is easy:
- Train employees using J. J. Keller® programs enhanced with EyeCue® icons shown at key training points throughout the program.
- Identify areas in your company to place the corresponding EyeCue® tags where employee recall of those training lessons is critical.
- Reinforce the lessons by encouraging employees to associate the tags with the related J. J. Keller® training for greater retention.
See the EyeCue® Visual Learning System in action:
Visit JJKeller.com/EyeCue to learn more about the J. J. Keller® EyeCue® Visual Learning System, including all available EyeCue® workplace safety training programs, tags and posters to reinforce your training efforts.
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.