Interested in learning more about this service? Call 833-708-4633 to talk with a compliance specialist today!
J. J. Keller® Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Consulting Service
Since its enactment in 1993, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) has posed a myriad of challenges for employers. Managing FMLA requirements can be complex and time-consuming for even the most seasoned professionals, especially when you add in the more than 20 states with varying leave regulations.
Yet, if the law's provisions are not applied correctly, employers are exposed to increased costs, lost productivity and possible litigation. FMLA Consulting Services from J. J. Keller can help your company ensure compliance with FMLA requirements and minimize the law's burden to your organization.
We'll assess your company's FMLA management objectives and create a policy that is appropriate for your organization and compliant with all federal and state requirements applicable to your company. Or, if you already have a policy in place, our experts will review it and make recommendations on how to make it more effective.
We'll come to your facilities and present customized FMLA training that aligns with your company policy.
We can train your HR staff, supervisors and employees on the:
- Criteria for employee eligibility and qualifying reasons.
- Employer's right to require a certification and recertification.
- Importance of employee communication (documentation and deadlines).
- Consequences of employees not meeting their requirements.
- Specifics related to your company (process for calculating the 12-month period, requirements for substituting accrued paid time off, employee expectations for status reports and requirements for fitness-for-duty certification).
- Review your existing and past FMLA cases for compliance.
- Establish procedures for consistent, effective FMLA case review.
- Implement best practices for FMLA administration.
- Provide ongoing guidance on future cases.
Who Needs To Comply?
The FMLA applies to all:
- Private-sector employers with 50 or more employees for 20 or more workweeks in the current or preceding calendar year.
- Public agencies with any number of employees, including state, local and federal employers and local education agencies (schools).
Why Is Compliance Critical?
- Granting leave incorrectly can cost your company in productivity, morale, resources and profits.
- Denying an eligible employee FMLA leave puts your company at risk for a damaging lawsuit which, on average, costs $78,000 to defend.
- The law is constantly changing, with even more changes proposed, making it important for companies to have policies and training that reflect the latest requirements.
Why J. J. Keller?
J. J. Keller has over 60 years of experience helping organizations assess and improve their compliance. Every day, our internal team of regulatory specialists research HR-related regulations, reviews new or potential legislation, writes industry white papers, creates our widely-utilized HR compliance manuals and answers customer questions about HR regulatory compliance.
Call us toll free at 833-708-4633 for a no-obligation discussion. Or, if you prefer, fill out the form to learn more!