- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professional truck drivers sustain more injuries keeping them off the job for longer periods of time than workers in any other industry. Ironically, many of those injuries occur during non-driving activities. In fact, most driver injuries are caused by unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, errors in judgment or environmental dangers.
- This program is designed to help drivers avoid preventable injuries while on the job by recognizing and avoiding risks and adopting safe work practices.
- After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to properly mount and dismount their tractor trailer
- Recognize safety precautions to take when conducting inspections and while stopped on the side of the road
- Discuss positions and techniques to use while driving to help prevent long-term injuries
- Explain how to properly load and unload cargo and move around the loading dock safely
- Describe how to operate landing gear, pull releases, and position converter dollies by hand without sustaining injuries
- Identify ways to stay safe while working outdoors in extreme heat or cold temperatures
- Ready-to-use training program includes several components
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired
- 2017 Bronze Telly Award Winner
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your intranet or LMS?
For a quote to use this DVD's content on your company intranet or learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-327-6868. Learn more.