Incident Investigations for Accidents & Near Misses - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates almost 3 million on-the-job injuries occur each year in the U.S., and approximately 4,500 workers lose their lives due to workplace accidents.
- OSHA recommends (and in some cases, requires) employers to conduct investigations of all incidents (including accidents and near misses) to identify the root cause and to keep similar events from happening again. Incident investigation requirements "might" also be found in state laws and regulations for worker safety and health and/or workers' compensation.
- This course is designed to help learners prepare for and conduct a thorough incident investigation.
- The J. J. Keller's Incident Investigations for Accidents & Near Misses eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Investigation Basics
- Incident vs. Accident vs. Near Miss
- Be Prepared
- Develop a Written Incident Investigation Plan
- Assemble an Incident Investigation Kit
- When an Incident Occurs
- Organize the Incident Investigation Team
- Conduct the Investigation
- Communicate Findings
- Implement Corrective Actions
- Retain Incident Records
- Investigation Basics
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe how to prepare for investigating an incident (including accidents and near misses)
- Identify the steps to take in order to conduct a thorough investigation
- Recognize the required components of a written investigation report
- Identify the appropriate actions to take after an investigation is complete
- Intended Audience: Anyone involved in the incident/accident investigation process
- Regs Covered: OSHA's General Duty Clause, 29 CFR 1910.119(m)
- Length: 30 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2016 (Rev. 12/16)
Note: You will receive login information for your Interactive Online Training order within 24 hours, Monday - Thursday. Orders placed on Friday after 1:00 PM Central will be processed on the next business day.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.