Hours of Service Training: ELD Basics - Online Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
The U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has issued four significant Hours of Service (HOS) rule changes for interstate drivers – effective September 29, 2020.
The four new rule changes will improve safety, increase productivity, and increase flexibility for truck drivers:
- 30-minute breaks (§395.3(a)(3)) - Drivers can remain "on duty" for their breaks and not have to take a break until completing eight hours of driving time, rather than consecutive time.
- 100 air-mile exception (§395.1(e)(1)) - Drivers must be done working within 14 consecutive hours. Drivers must remain within a 150 air-mile radius.
- Split-sleeper provision (§395.1(g)(1)) - Drivers must spend at least 7 hours in a sleeper berth, plus another break to reach 10 hours total. Neither rest period counts against the 14-hour limit.
- Adverse conditions (§395.1(b)(1)) - Drivers may extend both their driving and on-duty limits by 2 hours.
The Hours of Service Training: ELD Basics course is designed to help drivers compliantly use ELDs and correctly use the special driving categories of personal conveyance and yard move. This will help drivers understand their role in reducing unassigned driving events, when to edit the record, and the importance of reviewing the record before submission.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- ELD Use
- Driver ELD Expectations
- Harassment Prevention
- After completing this course, drivers will be able to:
- Discuss when drivers are required to use an ELD
- Identify the five items required to be in the cab when recording hours with an ELD
- Describe how drivers can reduce unassigned drive time
- Explain the process to follow when their ELD malfunctions
- Differentiate between coercion and harassment
- Note: Spanish course will be available November 2020
- Intended Audience: Property-Carrying CMV Drivers
- Regs Covered: 49 CFR Part 395 Subpart B
- Length: 25 minutes
- Languages: English (61332), Spanish (61333)
- Copyright Date: 2020
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your intranet or LMS?
For a quote to use this content on your company intranet or learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.