Hot Work: Safety Operations Training - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
- According to OSHA, hot work is defined as any work that involves burning, welding, using fire- or spark-producing tools, or that produces a source of ignition. Because of the potential dangers associated with hot work, it is critical everyone involved understands their role in keeping themselves and others around them safe from harm.
- This program is designed to guide employees directly involved in hot work operations through the hot work process, helping to prevent injuries and damage to facilities. Specifically, it covers the basics of hot work, how to prepare for and protect yourself and others during hot work operations, and what to do after the job is complete.
- The J. J. Keller's Hot Work: Safety Operations Training eLearning course covers the following topic:
- Hot Work Basics
- Hot Work Areas (designated areas, permit-required areas, prohibited areas)
- Roles & Responsibilities (management, hot work operator, fire watch, permit authorizing individual)
- The Hot Work Permit (hot work policy, parts of a permit)
- Preparation & Protection
- Hot Work Hazard Prevention (fires & explosions, toxic fumes & gases, harmful radiation, electrical shock, noise, combustible dust, falling objects)
- Preparing an Area for Hot Work (floors & surrounding equipment, walls or ceilings, enclosed equipment, confined spaces)
- Completing Hot Work Operations
- Responding to an Emergency (call fire department, company-specific info)
- Concluding Hot Work (fire watch stays, removal of permit)
- Hot Work Basics
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the roles of the hot work operator, fire watch, and permit authorizing individual in hot work safety
- Identify the components of a completed hot work permit
- Recognize common hot work hazards and discuss ways to prevent them
- Describe how to arrange a fire-safe area for temporary hot work
- Intended Audience: General industry employees directly involved in any work that involves burning, welding, using fire- or spark-producing tools, or that produces a source of ignition.
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.251 – 255, Subpart Q, and NFPA 51B
- Length: 30 minutes
- Available in English & Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2016 (Rev. 12/16), Spanish 2016
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.