HAZWOPER: Site Control Measures - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51594, 66681
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Hazardous waste cleanup sites pose many hazards. Maintaining control of these hazards and site activities is critical to safe operations, worker safety and health, and environmental protection.
This HAZWOPER training course is designed to inform learners about the importance of maintaining site control and the tools available to help accomplish control. This includes site characterization, the site control program, and other control measures.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Site Hazards
- Uncontrolled Site
- Hazard Types
- Controlling Site Hazards
- Site Characterization
- Preliminary Evaluation
- Initial Site Entry
- Ongoing Evaluation
- Site Control Program
- Program Elements
- Site Map
- Site Preparation
- Site Work Zones
- Buddy System
- Site Security
- Medical Assistance
- Control Measures
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Other Site Control Measures
- New Technology
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the measures that are taken to evaluate and prepare a hazardous waste site to be occupied by workers, including the types of hazards that may be present and the phases of site characterization
- Discuss the purpose of a site control program and the significance of each element, including the site map, work zones, the buddy system, site security, communications, and medical assistance
- Identify measures that contribute to site control within the hierarchy of controls, such as hazard elimination or substitution, engineering controls, administrative controls, safe work practices, and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Recognize other control measures including fire protection, sanitation, and the use of new technology
- Intended Audience: Any employees who may be involved or expected to engage in hazardous waste cleanup operations where the employee may be exposed to hazardous substances, health hazards or safety hazards. These cleanup workers include:
- General site workers, such as equipment operators, general laborers and supervisory personnel
- Workers on the site only occasionally for a specific limited task (ie: groundwater monitoring, land surveying or geo-physical surveying) and who are unlikely to be exposed over permissible exposure limits
- Workers regularly on the site who work in areas which have been monitored and fully characterized indicating that exposures are under permissible exposure limits where respirators are not necessary, and the site characterization indicates that there are no health hazards or the possibility of an emergency developing
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.120, 29 CFR 1926.65
- Length: 60 minutes
- Languages: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2018
This online course is part of the HAZWOPER: 24-Hour Initial Training: Routine or Non-Routine Waste Site Workers Curriculum.
To view the other 11 courses included in this curriculum, as well as other levels of training, visit the HAZWOPER Training Page.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.