HAZWOPER Refresher for Emergency Responders: Decontamination - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51610
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
This HAZWOPER training course is designed to focus on ways to avoid contamination, the decontamination process including methods and equipment used in decontamination, the limitations associated with decontamination, the decontamination line itself, and emergency decontamination procedures.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Contamination Basics
- What is Contamination?
- Prevent or Reduce Contamination
- Other Control Measures
- Decon Basics
- What is Decontamination?
- Purpose of Decontamination
- Decontamination Procedures
- Decon Methods
- Physical Methods
- Chemical Methods
- Decon Extent, Limits, & Effectiveness
- Extent of Decon Required
- Decon Limitations
- Decon Effectiveness
- Decon Equipment
- Personnel Decon Equipment
- Vehicle & Equipment Decon
- Equipment Selection Factors
- Location of Decon Operations
- Exclusion Zone
- Contamination Reduction Zone
- Support Zone
- How the Decon Line Works
- Decon Line Basics
- Decon Line Sequence
- Equipment Disposal or Decon
- Emergency & Mass Decon
- Emergency Decon
- Mass Decon
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Define what contamination is and measures you can take to reduce it
- Discuss what decontamination is, its purpose, and decon procedures
- Describe physical and chemical methods of decontamination and what factors can affect the limitations and effectiveness of decon
- Identify the contamination reduction corridor and other control zones and their boundaries
- Describe the decon line and the sequence of decontamination that takes place there including decisions about disposal
- Define emergency decon and mass decon
- Intended Audience: Any employees who may be involved or expected to engage in a response to an occurrence which results, or is likely to result, in an uncontrolled release of a hazardous substance.
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.120, 29 CFR 1926.65
- Length: 30 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2019
This online course is part of the HAZWOPER Emergency Response Refresher Training: Operations-Level & Hazmat Technician-Level Responders Curriculum.
To view the other 7 courses included in this curriculum, as well as other levels of training, visit the HAZWOPER Training Page.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.