HAZWOPER: Personal Protective Equipment & Clothing - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51587
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
The most important defense employees have when working with a hazardous substance is the personal protective equipment (PPE) and chemical protective clothing (CPC) they wear. Being overexposed to chemicals may cause severe illness and injury, including death.
Protective equipment and clothing are designed to help shield, isolate, or otherwise protect employees from chemical, physical, and biological hazards when engineering and work practice controls alone are not protective enough. However, protective gear and safety clothing can also pose hazards, such as heat stress and impaired vision. It's extremely important for employees to be well informed and able to analyze which safety gear or clothes would be best in a situation.
This HAZWOPER training course is designed to inform learners of the different types of PPE and CPC, including their uses and limitations, levels of protection, how to don and doff the equipment, and the importance of proper storage, inspection, and maintenance.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Basics of PPE & CPC
- Purpose of PPE & CPC
- PPE Program
- Types of Protection
- Types of Personal Protective Equipment
- Types of Chemical Protective Clothing
- Other Supplies
- Selecting PPE & CPC
- Considerations When Selecting PPE & CPC
- Selecting Ensembles
- Using PPE & CPC
- Personal Use Factors
- Donning an Ensemble
- In Use Monitoring
- Doffing an Ensemble
- Storage, Inspection, & Maintenance
- Care & Maintenance
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss the purpose for personal protective equipment and clothing and factors to take into consideration when selecting personal protective equipment and clothing
- Identify the four OSHA levels of protection for CPC ensembles, conditions that require special consideration, and some other supplies to carry when working with a hazardous substance or substances
- Describe the order in which personal protective equipment and clothing items should be donned and doffed
- Recognize when inspections of personal protective equipment and clothing should be performed and what to look for during an inspection
- Intended Audience: Any employees who may be involved or expected to engage in:
- Hazardous waste cleanup operations where the employee may be exposed to hazardous substances; or
- A response to an occurrence which results, or is likely to result, in an uncontrolled release of a hazardous substance
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.120, 29 CFR 1910 Subpart l, 29 CFR 1926.65 and 29 CFR 1926 Subpart E
- Length: 60 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2018
This online course is part of the HAZWOPER: Emergency Response Initial Training: Operations-Level Responders Curriculum.
To view the other 5 courses included in this curriculum, as well as other levels of emergency responders training, visit the Hazwoper Training Page.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.