HAZWOPER: Overview for Waste Site Workers - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51597, 66678
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Hazardous waste is a serious problem that continues to endanger humans, animals, and environmental quality. However, as workers clean up hazardous waste sites, they face safety and health hazards. OSHA issued the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard to protect workers during cleanup operations and help them handle the wastes safely and effectively.
This HAZWOPER training course is designed to introduce hazardous waste cleanup site hazards, tells the history behind the HAZWOPER Standard, gives on overview of the paragraphs of the standard that impact cleanup workers, covers the different cleanup worker roles and training requirements, and summarizes important worker rights under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- The Basics
- Hazardous Waste Cleanup Worker
- Why Is Cleanup Necessary?
- Worker Protection Is Important
- Standard Needed
- Why HAZWOPER?
- Three Laws
- The Regulations
- Safety & Health Program
- Site Characterization & Analysis
- Site Control
- Medical Surveillance
- Control Measures
- Informational Programs
- Handling Drums & Containers
- Emergency Response
- New Technology Programs
- Roles & Training
- Five Distinct Roles
- General Site Employee
- Routine Site Employee
- Non-Routine Site Employee
- Onsite Supervisor or Manager
- Emergency Response Personnel
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Employee Rights
- Employer Responsibilities
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of hazardous waste cleanup site work and the many hazards that are present at hazardous waste cleanup sites
- Describe the history behind the HAZWOPER Standard and some of the laws that brought it about
- Discuss an overview of the paragraphs of the HAZWOPER Standard that impact cleanup workers
- List the five cleanup worker roles and their training requirements
- Summarize key employee rights and employer responsibilities under the Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Intended Audience: Any employees who may be involved or expected to engage in hazardous waste cleanup operations where the employee may be exposed to hazardous substances, health hazards or safety hazards. These cleanup workers include:
- General site workers, such as equipment operators, general laborers and supervisory personnel
- Workers on the site only occasionally for a specific limited task (ie: groundwater monitoring, land surveying or geo-physical surveying) and who are unlikely to be exposed over permissible exposure limits
- Workers regularly on the site who work in areas which have been monitored and fully characterized indicating that exposures are under permissible exposure limits where respirators are not necessary, and the site characterization indicates that there are no health hazards or the possibility of an emergency developing
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.120, 29 CFR 1926.65, 40 CFR 311
- Statutes Covered: Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Length: 60 minutes
- Languages: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2018
This online course is part of the HAZWOPER: 24-Hour Initial Training: Routine or Non-Routine Waste Site Workers Curriculum.
To view the other 11 courses included in this curriculum, as well as other levels of training, visit the HAZWOPER Training Page.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.