HAZWOPER: Medical Program - Online Training Course
Make your job easier with a subscription to J. J. Keller's® Training. Get started today with a free eLearning Course!
Try for Free!
Product Code: 51590, 66677
Best Selling Online Courses
This HAZWOPER training course is designed to acquaint the employee with the Medical Program including the types of exams required, emergency and non-emergency treatment, medical records available, and symptoms to watch for that may indicate injury or illness while working with hazardous substances during hazardous waste cleanup or emergency response operations.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Your Job Has Health Hazards
- Medical Surveillance
- Who Needs Medical Surveillance?
- Medical Surveillance Exams
- Types of Exams
- Emergency Medical Treatment & First Aid
- Signs & Symptoms of Emergency
- Medical Treatment & First Aid
- Medical Program & Recordkeeping
- Medical Surveillance Program
- Program Review
- Other Records
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Define what medical surveillance is and list the reasons to perform medical surveillance and who is required to be medically monitored
- Discuss different types of medical exams including pre-assignment, periodic, and termination exams, along with written opinions and confidentiality
- List the possible signs and symptoms of chemical exposure and heat/cold exposures and the requirements for emergency and non-emergency medical treatment
- Discuss the importance of maintaining a medical surveillance program, medical records, and performing medical program reviews
- Intended Audience: Any employees who may be involved or expected to engage in:
- Hazardous waste cleanup operations where the employee may be exposed to hazardous substances; or
- A response to an occurrence which results, or is likely to result, in an uncontrolled release of a hazardous substance
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.120, 29 CFR 1910.1020, 29 CFR 1926.33, 29 CFR 1926.65
- Length: 45 minutes
- Languages: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2018
This online course is part of the HAZWOPER: Emergency Response Initial Training: Hazmat Technician-Level Responders Curriculum.
To view the other 10 courses included in this curriculum, as well as other levels of emergency responders training, visit the Hazwoper Training Page.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or