HAZWOPER: Electrical Safety & Lockout/Tagout - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51602, 66672
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Hazardous waste is a serious problem that continues to endanger humans, animals, and environmental quality. However, as workers clean up hazardous waste sites, they face safety and health hazards. OSHA issued the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard to protect workers during cleanup operations and help them handle the wastes safely and effectively.
Electricity and sudden releases of hazardous energy cause thousands of injuries and deaths each year. Most of these injuries and deaths can be avoided if the proper precautions are used. It's important for learners to understand the dangers of electricity and hazardous energy particularly in a hazardous waste environment. They also need to be aware of what measures are in place, that if adhered to, can provide them protection from these hazards.
This HAZWOPER training course is designed to familiarize learners with the basics of electrical safety, how to recognize and avoid electrical hazards, what hazardous energy is, and how to properly perform lockout/tagout procedures to help learners avoid incidents involving electricity and other hazardous energy.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Electricity Fundamentals
- How Electricity Works
- Electrical Hazards
- Electrical Safety
- Employee Categories
- Electrical Safeguards
- Power Tool & Extension Cord Safety
- Emergency Procedures
- Hazardous Energy
- Sources of Hazardous Energy
- Hazardous Energy Accidents
- OSHA Regulations
- Employee Roles
- Lockout vs. Tagout
- Lock & Tags
- Applying Lockout/Tagout
- Removing Lockout/Tagout
- Special Situations & Exceptions for Lockout/Tagout
- Special Situations
- Exceptions to Lockout/Tagout
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain electrical hazards and how a worker could become injured by electricity
- Distinguish between a qualified and an unqualified employee
- Identify common ways to prevent electrical incidents and protect themselves from electrical hazards
- List safe work practices they can use around electricity
- Describe emergency procedures they can follow if they witness an electrical injury
- Identify sources of hazardous energy
- Describe the three different types of employees recognized in a lockout/tagout program, including authorized employee, affected employee, and other employees
- Recognize the difference between lockout and tagout
- Explain how to perform lockout/tagout procedures
- Describe how to handle special situations involving lockout/tagout including group lockout/tagout, shift changes, and when an authorized employee is unavailable
- Intended Audience: General site workers—such as equipment operators, general laborers, and supervisory personnel—who may be involved or expected to engage in hazardous waste cleanup operations where the worker may be exposed to hazardous substances, health hazards, or safety hazards.
- Regs Covered: 29 CFR 1910.120, 29 CFR 1926.65, 29 CFR 1910.147, 29 CFR 1910.333
- Length: 50 minutes
- Languages: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2018
This online course is part of the HAZWOPER: 40-Hour Initial Training: General Waste Site Workers Curriculum.
To view the other 20 courses included in this curriculum, as well as other levels of training, visit the HAZWOPER Training Page.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.