Hazardous Substances: Incidental Spill Response - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51631
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Incidental spills of hazardous substances pose a wide range of risks to employees and organizations. Being prepared and properly responding to these spills can make a difference in reducing exposures, preventing slips and falls, and keeping the workplace clean and dry.
This course is designed to familiarize learners with incidental spills of hazardous substances, as well as the immediate and follow-up tasks associated with the spill control and cleanup process.
IMPORTANT NOTES: This course provides best practices for incidental spill response. This course is NOT meant to satisfy the specific training requirements for OSHA, EPA or DOT, such as, but not limited to: emergency action plan training (29 CFR 1910.38 and 1926.35); HAZWOPER or emergency response training (29 CFR 1910.120 or 1926.65); toxic and hazardous substances training (29 CFR 1910 Subpart Z or 1926 Subparts D or Z); bloodborne pathogens training (29 CFR 1910.1030); ionizing radiation training (29 CFR 1910.1096); hazard communication training (29 CFR 1910.1200 or 1926.59); oil spill prevention, control, and countermeasure (SPCC) training (40 CFR 112.7); pesticide-related training (40 CFR 170); hazardous waste training (40 CFR 262, 264, or 265); nor hazardous materials training (49 CFR 172 Subpart H).
Also, in addition to this course, individuals who are authorized to respond to an incidental spill will need to complete the pre-requisite course Hazardous Substances: Spill Discovery & Notification, as well as proper Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment, and any other applicable training required by federal, state and local government agencies.
- The J. J. Keller's Hazardous Substances: Incidental Spill Response eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Hazardous Spills
- What is an Incidental Spill?
- What is an Emergency Spill?
- Determining the Type of Spill
- Training Requirements
- How to Respond
- Be Cautious
- Size up the Spill
- Take Action
- After the Cleanup
- Follow-Up Tasks
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe an incidental spill and the type of individuals authorized to assist in its control and cleanup
- Explain the proper spill response procedure to take upon discovery or notification of an incidental spill at work
- Identify common follow-up tasks performed following the cleanup of an incidental spill
- Intended Audience: Employees who may be notified of or experience an incidental spill of hazardous substances and already have the proper Hazard Communication and Personal Protective Equipment training to assist in confining, containing, controlling, and cleaning up the spill
- Pre-Requisite: The learner must complete Hazardous Substances: Spill Discovery & Notification prior to completing this course.
- Length: 25 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.