Crane Safety for General Industry - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51818, 66656
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Cranes are common pieces of machinery in general industry that make it easier and safer for employees to manipulate materials throughout the workplace, including lifting and transporting heavy objects. The safe use of one depends on several factors, including crane operator safety training, proper maintenance and inspections, as well as diligence to safe work practices while operating it. All these things are critical and can help avoid catastrophic consequences.
This course is designed to familiarize learners with hazards related to cranes and provide best practices to ensure safety while operating or working near one.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Crane Basics
- What is a Crane?
- Staying Safe
- General Precautions
- Handling the Load
- Size up the load
- Attaching the load
- Moving the Load
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the primary intended use and identify the common types used in general industry
- Recognize the types of hazards associated with operating, or working nearby, one
- Discuss training requirements
- Explain safe work practices related to maintenance, inspection, and operation
- Intended Audience: any worker in general industry who operates or works near a crane
- Regs Covered:
- 29 CFR 1910.179 — Overhead cranes and gantry cranes
- 29 CFR 1910.180 — Crawler locomotive and truck cranes
- Length: 30 minutes
- Languages: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2018
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.