Construction Safety Basics: In Case of an Emergency - Online Training Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Codes: 51047, 51046
NOTE: This training course is intended to provide employees with just a high-level overview on key safety topics covering procedures to follow in the event of an emergency. For more in-depth training on any specific topic, please see our complete library of training topics.
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Workplace safety is a shared responsibility between employers and their employees. Under the General Duty Clause, (Section 5(a)(1) of the OSH Act of 1970,) OSHA requires the employer to provide a safe environment for their employees. However, each employee needs to be aware of the potential hazards they may be exposed to when performing construction work, take action to avoid or eliminate them, and report hazards/unsafe conditions as they arise.
This program is designed to provide learners with a high-level overview of a number of construction safety topics and safety rules to comply with OSHA standards. Specifically, the safety orientation training covers an introduction to generic safe work practices, various worksite arrangements, the safe use of tools and equipment, and procedures for what to do in the event an emergency occurs.
- The J. J. Keller's Construction Safety Basics: In Case of an Emergency eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Emergency Action Plans
- First Aid/Emergency Response
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Workplace Violence
- Medical Records
- After completing this course, learners will be able to describe the appropriate actions to take based on their level of authorization in the event of an emergency.
- Intended Audience: New employees, or any employee working in the construction environment in need of a high-level overview of various construction safety topics.
- Length: 15 minutes
- Available in English & Spanish
- Regs Covered: OSHA's General Duty Clause (Section 5(a)(1) of the OSH Act of 1970), and (Bloodborne Pathogens) §1910.1030
- Copyright Date: 2017
Other courses in the Construction Safety Basics curriculum:
- Construction Safety Basics: Work Practices - Online Training Course
- Construction Safety Basics: Work Environment - Online Training Course
- Construction Safety Basics: Safe Use of Equipment - Online Training Course
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-800-327-6868.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.