Cleaning and Disinfecting Classrooms for COVID-19 - Online Training Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
The outbreak of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has changed how we approach cleaning, disinfecting, and preparing to go back to school. In order to go back safely, areas that need to be disinfected must be identified, chemicals used on various surfaces need to be selected, and a schedule needs to be established to determine the frequency areas should be disinfected. Using chemical disinfectants safely may require wearing gloves or other protective equipment and may require training on the chemical’s hazards. In addition, the products must be applied according to the instructions on the label. It's not just about cleaning for dirt... it’s about cleaning for health, so everyone can return to the classroom safely.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Classrooms for COVID-19 course is designed to teach custodial staff and teachers how to properly and safely use disinfectants based on guidance developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Learners will receive enhanced cleaning procedures to use if a person confirmed to have COVID-19 was in the building. In addition, this training includes special considerations such as the hazards of using disinfectants, as well as virus exposure considerations for individuals who are at higher risk.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Evaluating Areas to Clean
- Outdoor Areas
- Indoor Areas
- Considering Resources Needed
- Routine Schedule
- Methods of Disinfecting and Cleaning
- Preparing to Clean
- Using Disinfectants
- Frequency and Duration of Exposure to Cleaning Chemicals
- Gloves and Hand Hygiene
- Special Considerations for COVID-19
- Risks of Exposure to Chemicals
- Risks of COVID-19 for Cleaning Staff
- Suspected Exposure or Illness
- Confirmed Cases in the Facility
- After completing this COVID-19 training course, learners will be able to:
- Identify when and which objects and surfaces require disinfection
- Determine the types of disinfectants and personal protective equipment (PPE) to use
- Explain different methods of disinfection and cleaning
- Identify enhanced cleaning considerations for COVID-19
- Intended Audience: School custodial staff and teachers responsible for cleaning and disinfecting in educational environments
- Length: 20 minutes
- Language: Available in English
- Copyright Date: 2020
- Reg Covered: 29 CFR 1910.132, General Requirements (Personal Protective Equipment)
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.