Canada Hours of Service Training: ELD Basics - Online Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 62671, 67569
Best Selling Online Courses
NOTE: Canada's electronic logging device mandate will go into effect on June 12, 2021, for federally regulated carriers and drivers as planned. However, on that date, enforcement will be educational. The Canadian jurisdictions have all agreed to a one-year enforcement period to June 2022.
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Time is limited. No one can add a minute to an hour, day, or week. For professional drivers, time is further limited by the hours-of-service regulations. The purpose of the hours-of-service regulations is to keep tired drivers off the road. After many hours behind the wheel, fatigue sets in, and it can lead to bad decisions and deadly crashes. For the safety of all drivers, compliance with the hours-of-service regulations is required of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers.
The Canada Hours of Service Training curriculum will help drivers and carriers to be compliant while maximizing the available hours through a full understanding of how the limits affect safety and productivity.
Something can be both easier and more confusing at the same time. That is certainly the case when discussing Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs). While the technical standards are some of the most complicated of all the regulations, for drivers, creating a duty status is easier and more accurate when using an ELD because much of the recording is done automatically.
Canada Hours of Service Training: ELD Basics is designed to help drivers compliantly use ELDs and correctly use the special driving categories of personal use and yard move. This will help drivers understand their role in reducing unassigned driving events, when to edit the record, and the importance of reviewing the record before submission.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- ELD Use
- Who's Affected?
- Approved Devices
- Driver ELD Expectations
- In-Cab Requirements
- User Accounts
- Logging into the ELD
- Duty Changes and Driver Entries
- Creating the Record
- Record Retention
- Roadside Inspections
- ELD Malfunctions
- Notifying Your Carrier
- After completing this training course, learners will be able to:
- Discuss when drivers are required to use an ELD
- Identify the items required to be in the cab when recording hours with an ELD
- Describe how drivers can reduce unassigned drive time
- Explain the process to follow when their ELD malfunctions
- Intended Audience: CMV Drivers Operating in Canada
- Length: 25 minutes
- Language: Available in English and French Canadian
- Copyright Date: 2021
- Reg Covered: SOR/2005-313
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.