Air Brakes Training - Online Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Improper brake adjustments is the most common reason tractor-trailers are placed out of service. Brake violations in general are among the most common vehicle violations written at the roadside. These defects and failures shouldn't happen with a well-maintained and regularly inspected vehicle. A professional CMV driver must ensure the brakes are working properly before every trip.
This course is designed to help drivers understand how the brake system works, how to properly inspect the brake system, and how to use brakes correctly so they don't wear too fast or fail when needed most.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Components and Systems
- Parking Brakes
- Emergency Brakes
- Service Brakes
- Wheel Components
- How it Works and How to Use
- Releasing Parking Brakes
- Applying the Parking Brakes
- Applying Service Brakes
- Air Leak Safety Features
- Component Inspections
- System Check
- Components and Systems
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain air brake systems and how they work
- Describe how to inspect the brake system
- Explain how to use brakes correctly to prevent early wear and failure
- Intended Audience: Any CMV driver operating a vehicle equipped with air brakes
- Length: 20 minutes
- Regs Covered: 49 CFR Subpart C to Part 393
- Languages: Available in English or Spanish
- Copyright Date: 2021
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.