Interested in learning more about this service? Call 833-708-4633 to talk with a compliance specialist today!
Process Safety Management (PSM) Service
OSHA’s Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals Standard (29 CFR 1910.119) requires that all companies that deal with more than any of the 130 toxic and reactive chemicals have a PSM program in place.
It may be obvious that PSM applies for many types of businesses, such as refineries and chemical companies. However, PSM applies to all companies that deal with more than any 130 toxic and reactive chemicals in quantities listed in Appendix A of OSHA’s Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals Standard (29 CFR 1910.119).
How the Service Works
Our EH&S experts will help you get and stay in compliance with this standard by developing and implementing the 14 elements of your PSM program. They’ll also conduct triennial audits of your 14 elements, update and submit your required Process Hazard Analysis every five years, and conduct consultant-led, site-specific employee training.
- As part of the 14 elements of the PSM standard, your consultant will:
- Collect and document highly hazardous chemical information
- Identify and evaluate processes that pose safety hazards
- Analyze instructions for all operational procedures
- Review logs of employee training on safety-specific health hazards
- Review records that confirm a contractor’s safety performance
- Review documentation of pre-startup safety procedures
- Ensure your equipment has been inspected and tested and deficiencies addressed
- Review all hot work permits conducted on or near the covered processes
- Evaluate your Emergency Action Plan for compliance with 29 CFR §1910.38
- Certify that you have evaluated your compliance with the regulatory requirements
I'd like to learn more!
Talk with a compliance specialist today at: 833-708-4633 or fill out the form and we'll get in contact with you.
14 Elements of the PSM Standard
- 1. Employee Participation [29 CFR §1910.119(c)]
2. Process Safety Information [29 CFR §1910.119(d)]
3. Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) [29 CFR §1910.119(e)]
4. Operating Procedures [29 CFR §1910.119(f)]
5. Training [29 CFR §1910.119(g)]
6. Contractors [29 CFR §1910.119(h)]
7. Pre-Startup Safety Review [29 CFR §1910.119(i)]
8. Mechanical Integrity [29 CFR §1910.119(j)]
9. Hot Work Permit [29 CFR §1910.119(k)]
10. Management of Change (MOC) [29 CFR §1910.119(l)]
11. Incident Investigation [29 CFR §1910.119(m)]
12. Emergency Response and Planning [29 CFR §1910.119(n)]
13. Compliance Audits [29 CFR §1910.119(o)]
14. Trade Secrets [29 CFR §1910.119(p)]
Call us toll free at 833-708-4633 for a no-obligation discussion. Or, if you prefer, fill out this form to learn more!
Let our experienced team of compliance professionals work with you to handle time-consuming compliance management for your drivers, vehicles and employees. Our specialists provide real ROI by eliminating internal costs and paying close attention to your compliance.
Get tailored regulatory expertise at your site. Our veteran consultants bring their deep compliance and best practice knowledge to you. You can rely on our expertise in regulations enforced by DOT, OSHA, EPA, DOL and hundreds of state agencies.
Choose our cloud-based technology to help you manage your workplace and fleet, with anytime, anywhere access. All online services offer a dashboard and easy navigation, to keep you always abreast of regulatory compliance.