Passenger & School Bus Endorsement: Entry-Level Driver Training - Trainer Manual
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has delayed compliance with the entry-level driver training (ELDT) rule. The new compliance date is February 7, 2022. As of that date, completion of ELDT will be required of drivers:
- Applying for their initial commercial driver’s license (CDL);
- Updating their current CDL; or
- Obtaining a passenger, school bus, or hazardous materials endorsement for the first time.
The rule requires successful completion of a prescribed program of theory and behind-the-wheel training before an entry-level driver takes the CDL skills test. This training must be provided by a school or other training entity listed on FMCSA's Training Provider Registry (TPR). To be listed on the TPR, schools and training entities must meet specific requirements addressing:
- Equipment, and
Though the rule has been delayed until February 7, 2022, schools and training entities should continue to prepare, as the requirements are complex. It will take a substantial amount of time to implement all the requirements.
For more information on the entry-level driver requirements, please visit this page.
- Use this trainer manual to help meet the theory instruction training requirements for CDL drivers pursuing their passenger-carrying or school bus endorsements
- Who this applies to: Any training provider who offers passenger or school bus endorsement training
- Features full-color illustrations
- Includes user-friendly design
- Designed to be used with Passenger & School Bus Endorsement: Entry-Level Driver Training - Student Manual
- 560 pages
|Product Code||Description||Language||Format||Copyright Date||ISBN|
Passenger and School Bus Endorsement - Trainer Manual