HAZWOPER Emergency Response Refresher Training: Awareness-Level Responders Curriculum - Online Course
Add 75 Points To Cart
Product Code: 56760
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 75 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
First responders at the awareness level are individuals who are likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release and who have been trained to initiate an emergency response sequence by notifying the proper authorities of the release. They would take no further action beyond notifying the authorities of the release.
After initial training, first responders at the awareness level must receive annual refresher training or demonstrate competency at least annually, according to 29 CFR 1910.120(q)(8) for general industry or 29 CFR 1926.65(q)(8) for construction. While a refresher training duration is not specified in the regulation, annual refresher training must be of "sufficient content and duration" to maintain a responder's competencies. The employer must make a statement of the training or competency, and if a statement of competency is made, the employer must keep a record of the methodology used to demonstrate competency.
There are 3 online courses included within the HAZWOPER Emergency Response Refresher Training: Awareness-Level Responders Curriculum:
- Emergency Response Planning refreshes learners on what an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) is, the basic elements of an ERP, employee roles in a response to a hazardous substance emergency release, and internal and external communications during an emergency.
- Chemical Fundamentals refreshes learners in how chemical-related terms are defined; the health and physical hazards, properties, stability, reactivity, and toxicity of chemicals; and the routes and types of chemical exposure.
- Hazardous Substance Recognition & Identification refreshes learners in the methods and resources available to help recognize and identify hazardous substances in an emergency. This course also re-familiarizes learners with the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG), assessing hazards and risk in an emergency, and making initial decisions in an emergency.
Intended Audience: Any employees who may be involved or expected to engage in a response to an occurrence which results, or is likely to result, in an uncontrolled release of a hazardous substance. Specifically, this refresher training curriculum is geared for first responders at the awareness level.
Length: 2 hours
Copyright Date: 2019
Looking for different levels of HAZWOPER training? Visit the HAZWOPER Training Page!
 "Emergency response" means a response effort by employees from outside the immediate release area or by other designated responders (i.e., mutual-aid groups, local fire departments, etc.) to an occurrence which results, or is likely to result, in an uncontrolled release of a hazardous substance. The term emergency response does not include responses to incidental releases of hazardous substances where the substance can be absorbed, neutralized, or otherwise controlled at the time of release by employees in the immediate release area, or by maintenance personnel. Responses to releases of hazardous substances where there is no potential safety or health hazard (i.e., fire, explosion, or chemical exposure) are also not considered to be emergency responses.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
NOTE: In OSHA's view, HAZWOPER online training, by itself, is not sufficient to meet the intent of the agency's training requirements for HAZWOPER, 29 CFR 1910.120 for general industry or 29 CFR 1926.65 for construction. Therefore, online training must be supplemented by site-specific elements, hands-on training and exercises, and an opportunity for trainees to ask questions of a qualified trainer.
When using this course curriculum as a tool to help with refresher training under §1910.120(q)(8)/§1926.65(q)(8), we suggest you:
- Ensure your trainer is qualified, in accordance with §1910.120(q)(7)/§1926.65(q)(7);
- Augment the online training with site-specific elements;
- Tailor your training to the employees' assigned duties;
- Include hands-on training to re-familiarize trainees with equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), and safe practices;
- Provide trainees with immediate and direct access to a qualified trainer as they are taking the course curriculum;
- Offer an opportunity for trainees to ask questions of the qualified trainer;
- Ensure that the trainees receive refresher training with sufficient content and sufficient duration to maintain their competencies listed under §1910.120(q)(6)(i); and
- Ensure the employer makes a "statement of the training" in line with the requirements of §1910.120(q)(8)/§1926.65(q)(8). (NOTE: The online training course curriculum does not provide HAZWOPER certification or HAZWOPER statements of training; the online course curriculum certificate only acknowledges the completion of the online training itself).
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.