The Hazmat Made Easier for All Employees handbook covers critical hazmat topics:
- Training (Part 172, Subpart H) – Basic requirements and recommended practices to assist in promoting general awareness training required by the Hazardous Materials Regulations.
- The Hazmat Table (172.101) – Symbols, hazmat descriptions and proper shipping names, hazard classes and divisions, ID numbers, packing groups, label codes, special provisions, packaging, and more. (Includes updated HM-215N samples and illustrations of the Hazmat Table).
- Packaging (178, Subpart L) – Applicability, packaging responsibility, bulk and non-bulk packaging, packing groups and hazard zones, packaging codes, performance- oriented testing, manufacturer's markings, and more.
- Marking (Part 172, Subpart D) – Requirements for bulk and non-bulk packaging, prohibited markings, liquids in combination packaging, inhalation hazards, ORM-Ds, marine pollutants, elevated-temperature materials, and more.
- Labeling (Part 172, Subpart E) – Shipper and carrier responsibility, determining labels, exceptions, prohibited labeling, primary and subsidiary labels, label placement, label specifications, and more.
- Shipping Papers (Part 172, Subpart C) – Applicability, exceptions, the shipper's certification, shipping paper retention, the hazmat description, hazardous substances, marine pollutants, elevated-temperature materials, and more.
- Response Information (172.602) – Emergency response information requirements, how information must be presented, how the information must be retained, and more.
- Placarding (Part 172, Subpart F) – Placarding requirements, the placard tables, exceptions and placard substitutions, primary and subsidiary placards, placard placement, placard specifications, and more.
- Highway Transport (Part 397, 172.606, & 177.817) – Driving and parking rules, shipping paper accessibility, and carrier contact information.
- Loading/Unloading and Load Segregation (Part 177, Subpart B and 177.848) – General requirements, class-specific requirements, shipping paper accessibility, driving and parking rules, carrier information contact, segregation requirements, use of the Segregation Table, the Compatibility Table for Class 1 (explosives), and more.
- Incident Reporting (171.15 & 171.16) and Emergency Response (172.602) – For Incident Reporting: carrier and operator responsibility, accidents versus incidents, incidents requiring telephone report, agency notification, written reports, and more. For Emergency Response: general requirements, location during transport, acceptable methods of providing emergency-response information, emergency-response telephone numbers, carrier emergency-information contact, enforcement, and more.
- Security Plan (Part 172, Subpart I) – Overview of key security issues.
- Definitions (171.8) – An alphabetical listing of many of the terms commonly used in the hazmat transportation process.