Hazmat: General Awareness Training - Online Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 46082, 64252
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Hazardous materials (hazmat) are substances or materials that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has determined are capable of posing an unreasonable risk to health, safety and property when transported in commerce. The Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) are a set of rules established by The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) to ensure hazmat is packaged and handled safely during transport.
The requirements of the HMR also help communicate to motor carriers, hazmat employees, and emergency responders the potential hazards of any material being shipped.
Hazmat: General Awareness Training is designed to get hazmat employees more familiar with the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR), helping them to work safely around hazmat. This course helps employees meet the general awareness training requirement (49 CFR 172.704(a)(1)).
Note: This course helps hazmat employees meet the training requirements listed in the HMR, but does not completely satisfy them. Additional employer-specific, in-depth security, and function-specific training may also need to be taken.
- The General Awareness Training eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Determining a Hazmat
- Ways to Communicate the Hazard
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the required training all hazmat employees must receive
- Determine if a material is hazardous
- Recognize the hazard classes and divisions used to identify hazardous materials
- Recall what makes a material a hazardous substance, hazardous waste, marine pollutant, or elevated-temperature material
- Indicate the importance of the Hazmat Table
- Communicate a material's hazards through the use of shipping papers, markings, labels, and placards
- Intended Audience: All hazmat employees, across industries, who work with or around shipments of hazardous materials
- Regs Covered: 49 CFR 172.704(a)(1)
- Length: 25 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2017
- Language: Available in English or Spanish
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.