ATRI identifies top research priorities for 2018
Posted April 4, 2018
The American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) identified its top research priorities for 2018.
ATRI’s Board of Directors approved the following list of critical industry issues provided by its Research Advisory Committee:
- Urban planning and smart city design for trucks.
- Consistency and accuracy of commercial motor vehicle crash data submitted by local and state agencies.
- Autonomous vehicles:
- Role and negative and positive impacts of government regulations on autonomous vehicles; and
- Impacts on the operational environment and requirements for commercial drivers.
- Inconsistencies in commercial driver’s licensing (CDL) testing between states.
- Best practices for cannabis intoxication testing.
Learn more about ATRI’s research projects on the ATRI website.
J. J. Keller's Motor Carrier Safety Report keeps you current on federal and state compliance information that impacts your drivers, trucks, and bottom line.
J. J. Keller's FREE Transportation SafetyClicks™ email newsletter brings quick-read safety and compliance news right to your email box.