NIOSH releases final research agenda for healthcare, social assistance
Posted March 7, 2019
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) says the final National Occupational Research Agenda for Healthcare and Social Assistance (HCSA) is now available. The Agenda is intended to identify the knowledge and actions most urgently needed to improve occupational safety and health in this industry sector.
Broader than any one agency or organization, the Agenda allows stakeholders to describe the most relevant issues, research gaps, and needs for the HCSA workforce.
The agenda’s top priorities were organized into six topic areas and a workgroup was formed for each one:
- Worker safety and patient safety
- Infectious diseases and sharps safety
- Safe patient handling and slips, trips, and falls
- Hazardous drugs and chemicals
- Veterinary medicine/animal care
- Setting-specific workers (e.g., home care workers, long-term care employees, correctional healthcare workers, childcare workers and other social service workers)
The agenda identifies 17 research objectives for addressing needs in these topic areas.
J. J. Keller's Everyday OSHA Safety & Health Management Manual provides "how-to" guidance and tools on a wide range of workplace health and safety issues.
J. J. Keller's FREE Workplace SafetyClicks™ email newsletter brings quick-read safety and compliance news right to your email box.