Non-CDL CMV Compliance: What You Need to Know!
Make time and join our experienced presenters as they:
- Debunk the most common misconceptions of non-CDL driver compliance,
- Explain which FMCSA rules apply to you and how to comply,
- Share additional requirements for insurance, hiring, driver/employee training, safety training, and more.
Don’t miss out on this essential webcast for non-CDL and mixed fleets. Plus, bring your questions for a live Q&A!
How to Recognize and Repair a Toxic Work Environment
- What makes a work environment toxic?
- How does a toxic work environment differ from a hostile work environment?
- How do you repair a toxic work environment?
- How do you prevent toxic behaviors in the future?
We'll utilize the chat feature to get input from the audience on their experiences with toxic work environments. There will be a live Q&A session at the end of the webcast.
DOT Drug & Alcohol Q&As: Conversations with compliance experts
During this webcast, our subject-matter experts will share their answers to the most common and important questions they receive, covering the topics of…
• Managing a DOT program
• Alcohol & drug prohibitions
• Criteria for post-accident testing
• Return-to-duty tests
• The new saliva-based drug testing options
• And much more!
Our experts will also be taking listener questions on each topic, so be sure to join us for one of our most popular webcasts! Can't attend live? Register anyway and we will send you a link to the recording.
Top FMLA Mistakes: Test Your Leave Knowledge
This webcast will review and test your knowledge of the most common FMLA mistakes through interactive chats. Our discussion will include:
• Common FMLA mistakes
• How to avoid such mistakes/violations
• Considerations if an employee exhausts FMLA leave
• A live Q&A session
Join us and your FMLA colleagues as we discuss not only the issues, but possible solutions.
OSHA Accident & Incident Investigations - Root Cause & Prevention Methods
Gain Expert Insights:
- This seminar will provide key insights and best practices on the OSHA regulations including:
- Identifying and addressing immediate and common root causes and how they differ.
- Steps to follow when investigating incidents including witness statements & interview tips.
- Assigning accountability when selecting and implementing corrective actions.
- Training guidance for workers, temps, and managers to help reduce future accidents.
Additional Takeaways: Blaming the employee is not a Root Cause: Many accident investigations end with the employee being at fault, but that means the investigation hasn’t dug deep enough to find the root cause. We’ll examine ways to handle employee factors such as complacency, resistance to change, lack of supervisor support, and production pressure. Plus, get a chance to receive a free whitepaper!
Digging Into Your MVR Data: How to Identify & Correct Unsafe Behaviors
- Who needs an MVR, and when?
- What are the risks of not knowing a driver’s record?
- What about non-regulated drivers?
- What are some MVR best practices?
Live Q&A to follow. Bring your questions!
Fleet Maintenance: Compliance Requirements Behind the Nuts and Bolts
In this webcast, our experts will share:
- Regulatory requirements of inspections, maintenance, and repair
- How to develop an effective maintenance program
- Recordkeeping requirements
This complimentary webcast will include a live Q&A session!
Putting the E in Your ESG Report: What You Need to Know About Environmental Reporting
- The basics of the environmental criteria
- The environmental regulations that impact your ESG reporting
- How to get started – conducting assessments and collecting data
We’ll save time at the end to answer your questions. Register today and prepare your company for the dynamic landscape of ESG reporting!
Can I Fire This Employee? Your Toughest Termination Questions – Answered!
This highly engaging webcast will include interactive components and important information about issues that complicate termination, including:
- ADA, FMLA and pregnancy
- Criminal history or credit problems
- Claims of discrimination (age, race, gender, etc.) or harassment
- Threats of legal action
Join us as we answer commonly asked questions about how to part ways with problem employees.
We will also leave time for a live Q&A session!
A Roadmap to Successful Driver Training
- The entry-level driver training requirements (FMCSA ELDT Regulation Effective February 2022)
- Hazardous materials training (PHMSA)
- On-boarding (orientation)
- Finishing and on-the-job training
- Developing in-house trainers and instructors
- On-going training and communications
- Corrective action training
We’ll also discuss the specific training requirements of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA). This free webcast concludes with a live Q&A session, so be sure to bring your questions!
Top Driver Qualification Misconceptions: Could you have unqualified drivers?
This webcast dives into fleet managers’ top DQ misconceptions that can lead to unqualified commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers. You’ll learn about:
- Common recordkeeping errors,
- Risks and operational impact,
- Common misconceptions, and
- Best practices to stay compliant
Don't miss this opportunity to interact with our live presenters and gain valuable insights on keeping compliant DQ files.
A Q&A session will follow the presentation, so please bring your questions!
Virtual Event! Top 3 Driver Compliance Concerns
Driver Qualification (DQ) – Part 391
• Onboarding and Safety Performance History
• Driver qualification file requirements
• Annual Review
• Best Practices for Building & Maintaining DQ Files
Drug & Alcohol (D&A) Testing Programs – Parts 40 & 382
• Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse – how safety performance safety inquires have changed
• Who must be tested and when
• Required policies and procedures
• Post Accident & Random Testing
• Best Practices on Policies & Return to Duty
Hours of Service (HOS) - Part 395
• HOS Limits
• Finding flexibility by using exceptions
• The how and when of personal conveyance
• Electronic logs & Enforcement
Don't miss this opportunity to interact with our live presenters virtually and gain valuable regulatory insights. We hope you can attend!
Preventing and Addressing Sexual Harassment: Understanding the Law and Avoiding Liability
In this webcast, we'll address the following questions:
- Where’s the line? Exactly what constitutes sexual harassment? When should an employer step in?
- How should an employer respond to complaints of sexual harassment to limit the company’s liability?
- What harassment training is required? What should it include?
- Where has traditional harassment training been lacking?
- How can an employer stop harassing behavior before it starts?
We'll also leave time for a Q&A session.
Hazmat Placards: A Complete Guide to Compliance
Join us for an informative webcast as we provide guidance on the regulatory requirements for hazmat placards, which includes:
• Avoiding common violations
Bring your questions for a Q&A session and learn about a special offer for attendees!
Can't join us live? Register anyway and we'll send you a link to the recording.
Driver Performance Monitoring: Guidance for coaching, training, and reducing the risk of liability
In this webcast, our panel will cover:
• FMCSA requirements
• Industry best practices & statistics
• A case study in implementation
• And more
We'll also hear from a private fleet who will share how they have significantly improved their driver retention with performance coaching, recognition, and rewards. Finally, you will also have a chance to get your questions answered throughout the live event!
The REAL Cost of Workplace Musculoskeletal Disorders
This webcast will highlight regulatory details and your responsibilities surrounding MSDs at your facilities, including:
- A review of common terms and affected industries
- Types of MSDs and symptoms of exposure
- General ergonomic principles and affordable solutions
- Training best practices
- MSD reporting and recordkeeping
- The costs of MSDs
We'll save 10-15 minutes at the end of this webcast to answer your questions. Register today to learn more about protecting workers from MSDs and your budget from unnecessary expenses!
Form I-9 Update!
Get ready for these changes by joining us as we discuss:
• The Form I-9 revisions
• Employer obligations
• Options for remote workers
• Requirements for remote document review
• Where you’re likely to slip up
• Answers to your questions
Employers who fail to correctly complete the Form I-9 face fines and penalties. This webcast will give you the tips you need to avoid costly mistakes.
Five Steps to a Best-in-Class Safety Program – The Corrective Action Training Investment
Join us to explore the journey to best-in-class safety. We'll discuss how you get there:
- Strategies & statistics to get leadership support
- Ways to reflect company values in policies & procedures
- Key regulatory requirements & best practices to exceed the minimums
- The benefits & implementation of corrective action training programs
A best-in-class safety program is a competitive advantage, and corrective action training is the fundamental element that will get you there. Bring your questions for a Q&A with the editors.
Top 10 Driver Qualification FAQs: The 5 W's of DQ File Management
- A poor Driver Fitness CSA score,
- A conditional or unsatisfactory safety rating
- Increased insurance rates, and
- A tarnished reputation
Join us for answers to the most frequently asked questions on driver qualification requirements, including watchouts for a US driver crossing into Canada!
Finding Efficiencies & Improving Fleet Operations with Vehicle Tracking Technology
Join our experts as they discuss how vehicle tracker technology can help you improve efficiency and maintain profitability by identifying waste in multiple operational areas, like:
• Driver productivity,
• Vehicle reliability and longevity,
• Fuel use, and
• Driver retention.
Whether you are part of a construction company, package delivery operation, for-hire or private carrier, or have a fleet of pickup trucks or CMVs, our experts will provide you with valuable guidance in this timely webcast. Bring your questions for a Q&A session and learn about a special offer for attendees!
Labels, SDSs, and Training: How to prevent the most common HazCom violations
- The written HazCom program
- Lack of program or inadequate program
- Training and information requirements
- Lack of training or inadequate training
- Safety data sheets (SDSs)
- Maintaining an SDS for each hazardous chemical
- Making SDSs readily accessible
- Shipped containers
A Q&A session will follow the event - Bring your questions!
Understanding Driver Hiring: From Application to Initial Qualification
In this webcast we’ll share regulatory requirements and best practices regarding the driver hiring process, from application to qualification, including:
- Using online applications with e-signatures
- New hire documents
- Drug testing
- High-level employment law concerns
- And much more
We’ll also have time to answer your questions during our live Q&A session!
Is That Injury Work-Related? Applying OSHA exemptions to real-life scenarios
• Parking lots
• Assigned working hours
• Personal tasks
• Working from home
• Travel status and personal detours
• Horseplay and violence
• And MORE
Don't miss this opportunity to interact with our live presenters and gain valuable insight. This event will also include a live Q&A session, so be sure to bring your questions!
Take the guesswork out of flame-resistant (FR) and arc-resistant (AR) compliance
- Hazard Assessment
- Regulatory Requirements
- Hazard Controls
- Best Practices
We’ll save some time to answer your questions at the end of the webcast. Register today and learn how AR and FR safety requirements affect your workers’ safety!
Handling Marijuana, CBD, and a Drug-Free Workplace
During this presentation, our panel of experts will address:
- Requirements for DOT-covered drivers
- Why impairment matters
- Medical marijuana accommodations
- Testing methods: Urine, saliva, and hair
- Safety measures available for every workplace
- Drug and alcohol policy best practices
- Your questions
Register now to learn how you can navigate through this sensitive – and often controversial – topic!
IFTA, IRP & Your Fleet: Preparation, Reporting & Audits
This webcast will help you clearly understand:
• How the IFTA and IRP programs work
• The recordkeeping requirements
• What triggers an audit and how to prepare
• What other state mileage tax programs may impact you
Can't join us live? Register anyway and we'll send you a link to the recording. Last, you'll be able to ask your IFTA and IRP questions during our live Q&A session!
Top 5 OSHA Safety Training Topics: Answers to who should be trained, when and why
Topics to be covered include:
• Powered Industrial Trucks
• Hazard Communication
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Bloodborne Pathogens
Can't join us live? Register anyway and we’ll send you a link to the recording. Finally, you will also have a chance to get your questions answered throughout the live event!
Hours-of-Service: Limits, Exemptions, and ELDs
In this webcast, our panel will cover:
• The federal HOS rules as they stand today
• Changes on the horizon
• Industry best practices & statistics
• A case study in implementation
• And more
We'll also hear from a private fleet who will share tips on how they are successful at keeping their HOS violations to a minimum. Finally, you will also have a chance to get your questions answered throughout the live event!
Dash Camera Forum: Building a Culture of Accountability & Safety
• Involving drivers to lead the dash cam initiative for long-term program success,
• Shifting the coaching focus from "gotcha" to progressive skills improvement to build driver accountability and excellence,
• Helping managers use data for insights on how they can continue to advance safety,
• Communicating with staff and drivers on the role they play in reducing the risk of nuclear verdicts and rising insurance premiums, and
• Eliminating preventable crashes before they even happen!
Don't miss this opportunity to interact virtually with our live presenters and gain valuable regulatory insights. Bring your questions! This event includes a live Q&A session!
About J. J. Keller Events
Featuring knowledgeable compliance experts, J. J. Keller’s free webcasts provide in-depth analysis and explanation of current regulatory requirements and proven best practices. Online webcasts are available live and on-demand. Live webcasts include Q&A sessions.
J. J. Keller actively participates in a wide range of industry-leading trade shows. Visit us to learn about our latest safety and compliance solutions!