OSHA issues FAQs on new crane operator rule
Posted November 16, 2018
OSHA has issued frequently asked questions (FAQs) clarifying aspects of its new crane operator rule, published November 9, 2018.
The FAQs address:
- OSHA’s reasons for issuing the final rule,
- Major differences between the proposed rule and the final rule,
- How operators meet OSHA’s certification requirements,
- Types of crane operator certifications accepted by OSHA, and
- Employers’ duties under the final rule.
View the FAQs on the OSHA website.
J. J. Keller's Crane Safety Handbook: For Operators and Ground Crew serves as a jobsite reference for the ground crew, crane operator, competent and qualified persons, and others working with cranes.
J. J. Keller's FREE Workplace SafetyClicks™ email newsletter brings quick-read workplace safety and compliance news right to your email box.