Entry-Level Driver Training: Pre- and Post-Trip Inspections - Online Course
Interactive Online Training courses are purchased using Training Points. This program is available for 25 points per seat (a seat is one person assigned to one course). Points are $1 each. See Overview for more information.
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 58664
Best Selling Online Courses
Module 3: Pre- and Post-Trip Inspections Online Course, along with the other 34 entry-level driver training courses, was created to be used with the Entry-Level Driver Training: Obtaining A CDL manual for a comprehensive ELDT program.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has delayed compliance with the entry-level driver training (ELDT) rule. The new compliance date is February 7, 2022. As of that date, completion of ELDT will be required of drivers:
- Applying for their initial commercial driver’s license (CDL);
- Updating their current CDL; or
- Obtaining a passenger, school bus, or hazardous materials endorsement for the first time.
The rule requires successful completion of a prescribed program of theory and behind-the-wheel training before an entry-level driver takes the CDL skills test. This training must be provided by a school or other training entity listed on FMCSA's Training Provider Registry (TPR). To be listed on the TPR, schools and training entities must meet specific requirements addressing:
- Equipment, and
Though the rule has been delayed until February 7, 2022, schools and training entities should continue to prepare, as the requirements are complex. It will take a substantial amount of time to implement all the requirements.
For more information on the entry-level driver requirements, please visit this page.
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
As well as being a regulatory requirement, proper vehicle inspections can go a long way in ensuring your vehicle’s safe and efficient operation. Vehicle inspections can help in finding mechanical problems before they cause a breakdown or accident. This can help in avoiding costly on-the-road repairs, as well as delays in deliveries.
This online course is designed to give learners a detailed description of how to perform pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- The eLearning course covers the following topics:
- The Importance of Inspections
- Inspection Locations
- Types of Required Inspections
- Pre-Trip Inspection
- The Five-Step Pre-Trip Inspection
- Step 1: Engine Compartment & Front Axle Components
- Step 2: In-Cab Inspection
- Step 3: Lights
- Step 4: Walk-Around
- Step 5: Brake System Check
- On-the-Road Inspection
- Post-Trip Inspection
- Special Rigs
- Multiple Trailers
- Refrigerator Units (Reefers)
- Intermodal Chassis
- After completing this training course, learners will be able to:
- Conduct an accurate and efficient pre-trip inspection
- Explain when an on-the-road inspection is required and how to complete one
- Complete a proper post-trip inspection
- Explain when a Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) is required, and how to complete one
- Intended Audience: Drivers who are applying for an initial commercial driver’s license (CDL) or drivers upgrading their current CDL.
- Length: 40 minutes
- Language: Available in English
- Copyright Date: 2019
- Reg Covered: Unit A1.1.3 Pre- and Post-Trip Inspections = This unit must teach the driver-trainees to conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections as specified in §392.7 and §396.11, including appropriate inspection locations. Instruction must also be provided on enroute vehicle inspections.
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.