Public given opportunity to comment on DOT’s Strategic Plan
Posted October 26, 2017
Now through November 13, 2017, interested parties have the chance to chime in on the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) draft Strategic Plan for FY 2018-2022.
Federal agencies are required under federal law to revise and update their strategic plan at the beginning of each new presidential term. As a part of the process, they must solicit feedback from interested stakeholders.
The draft plan includes four strategies to achieve the Department’s mission, including:
- Safety: Reduce transportation-related fatalities and serious injuries across the transportation system.
- Infrastructure: Invest in infrastructure to ensure mobility and accessibility and to stimulate economic growth, productivity, and competitiveness for American workers and businesses.
- Innovation: Lead in the development and deployment of innovative practices and technologies that improve the safety and performance of the nation's transportation system.
- Accountability: Serve the nation with reduced regulatory burden and greater efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability.
The goals reflect the Transportation Secretary’s priorities.
How to submit comments
The Department has indicated it will consider all input and revise the draft DOT Strategic Plan as appropriate. The final document will be submitted to Congress and posted on the Department’s website in February 2018. Comments must be received by November 13, 2017, to be considered.
You may submit written comments via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full body of your comments in the text of the electronic message and as an attachment.
- Mail: U.S. Department of Transportation, Office of the Under Secretary for Policy, Attn: Strategic Plan Comments, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Washington, DC 2059
Respondents are encouraged to submit comments electronically to ensure timely receipt. Please include your name, title, organization, postal address, telephone number, and email address.
J. J. Keller® FleetMentor® is the online toolbox and advisor that will help you cover all areas of the CSA BASICs.
J. J. Keller's FREE Transportation SafetyClicks™ email newsletter brings quick-read safety and compliance news right to your email box.