Nominee announced for FMCSA Administrator position
Posted September 27, 2017
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) may soon have its vacant Administrator position filled.
President Donald Trump announced his intent to nominate Raymond Martinez of New Jersey as FMCSA Administrator. Martinez is the current Chairman and Chief Administrator of the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission and a Member of the New Jersey State Planning Commission.
The nominee’s resume includes the following previously held positions:
- New York State Commissioner of Motor Vehicles,
- Chairman of the Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee, and
- Deputy Chief of Staff and Special Counsel to the New York State Attorney General.
Martinez has twice served on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators.
Earlier in his career, Martinez served as:
- Deputy United States Chief of Protocol at the Department of State,
- Deputy Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady, and
- Special Assistant at the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
In regard to his educational background, Martinez earned a J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law in New York and a B.A. from Long Island University’s C.W. Post College, where he later served on the adjunct faculty in Public Administration.
J. J. Keller's Everyday Transportation Safety Management Manual provides a practical guide to implementing and sustaining a successful safety transport management program within your organization.
J. J. Keller's FREE Transportation SafetyClicks™ email newsletter brings quick-read safety and compliance news right to your email box.