PHMSA to hold public meeting on hazardous materials transportation
Posted June 2, 2016
The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) announced it will hold a public meeting titled “International Standards on the Transport of Dangerous Goods” to gain input from interested parties concerning proposals submitted to the 49th session of the United Nations Sub-Committee of Experts on the Transport of Dangerous Goods (UN SCOE TDG).
The UNSCOE will consider proposals for the 20th Revised Edition of the United Nations Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods Model Regulations which will be implemented within relevant domestic, regional, and international regulations from January 1, 2019.
The agenda topics are:
- Explosives and related matters;
- Listing, classification and packing;
- Electric storage systems;
- Transport of gases;
- Cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA);
- Global harmonization of transport of dangerous goods regulations;
- New proposals for amendments to the Model Regulations;
- Guiding principles for the Model Regulations; and
- Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) issues.
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 14, 2016, from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon EST at the Department of Transportation Headquarters, West Building, Conference Room 4, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE Washington, DC 20590.
To pre-register for this meeting complete the registration form.
J. J. Keller's Hazardous Materials Compliance Manual helps you quickly make sense of your key responsibilities under DOT's Hazardous Materials Regulations.
J. J. Keller's FREE Transportation SafetyClicks™ email newsletter brings quick-read safety and compliance news right to your email box.