This product has been updated with the December 2012 changes to the CSA Safety Measurement System (SMS) Methodology. Visit JJKeller.com/csa
to stay informed on the latest developments.
- Only handbook that covers all information CMV interstate truck and bus drivers need to operate successfully under CSA
- Provides fingertip access to explanations of the seven BASICs, severity tables, and tips for avoiding most common violations
- Explains how to prepare for roadside inspections, rights during inspection, what not to do, and steps to take after inspection
- Ideal in-cab reference for helping drivers improve their — and their company's — compliance scores
- Based on FMCSA's Safety Measurement System (SMS) Methodology
- Spiral bound, 255 pages, 7" x 5-1/16"
Click on the links below to view sample pages from J. J. Keller's CSA Handbook: A Complete Guide for CMV Drivers.
In August 2013 the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration revised its CSA scoring methodology to include these two new violations, effective July 1, 2013:
- HOS BASIC: 395.3(a)(3)(ii), the 30-minute break requirement, with a severity of 7
- Drugs & Alcohol BASIC: 392.5(a)(3), alcohol possession, with a severity of 3
These changes will be included in the next printing of the CSA Handbook.