Courseworks® Technical Support
Please see the following topics for more information regarding our Courseworks® CD-ROM training products.
If you need assistance, please call us toll-free at 1-800-346-4812 Option 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Support hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm CST.
In order to install CourseWorks®, you must be an Administrator of that computer. All users of CourseWorks® (whether it be trainers, students, administrators, etc.) must be given full control (read, write, erase, modify, execute) for the CourseWorks® folder.
- Install the CourseWorks software:
- First insert CourseWorks® CD-ROM into your DVD/CD-ROM drive. If AutoRun is enabled on your PC, the installation will begin automatically. If AutoRun is not enabled, click Start — Run.
- Type d:\setup (“d:” is the common drive letter for CD-ROM drives
- Follow the prompts with the CourseWorks® installation process and choose the default installation locations.
- After the CourseWorks® software has installed, take out the disc.
- Install the course software:
- Insert your course disc in your DVD/CD-ROM drive.
- Open the CourseWorks® folder on your Desktop and double-click on Setup. Click Next.
- There are three options for installation type:
- JustPlay – only the minimum amount of data files are copied to the hard drive (to update the database only), everything else is left on the CD; the CD must be in the drive to play the course.
- Hybrid – all data and graphic files are installed to the hard drive, video and audio files are left on the CD; the CD must be in the drive to play the course.
- Full (recommended) – all data, graphics, video and audio files are installed to the hard drive; no CD needed to run course.
- There are three options for installation purpose:
- Install course(s) for Playback only
- Install course(s) for Build only
- Install course(s) for BOTH purposes (recommended)
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Once it’s done installing, the screen will go away and you can Exit out of the Setup screen.
- In the CourseWorks® folder, double-click on Deliver to make sure the course installed properly.
How do we make sure scores are tracked?
In TrackPro, go to: Administration — Enrollment Requirement (You'll need to do this per COURSE, not per student. This needs to be done on each machine with Courseworks® installed). You must choose either the 2nd or 3rd option, depending on whether or not you choose to pre-enroll the students.
How do I view students’ scores?
Please do the following:
- In TrackPro, go to: View — Student View or Course View.
- Click on student’s name and/or course.
- On the right side of the screen, you should see Student's progress in course, time spent, whether they've completed course, etc. (You will see a Post Test score if they’ve completed the course. You won’t see a Pre Test score)
How do I print a certificate?
Take the following steps:
- In TrackPro, click on a student’s name and the course.
- Find the “Course Completed” entry on the right (it’ll say this in the very last column called “End Segment or Status”).
- Highlight this entry and click the little Graduate icon next to the question mark in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
How do I set up a primary administrator password so only one person can view scores, register/enroll, view certificates, etc.?
You'll need to do the following:
- In TrackPro, go to: Administration — System password Setup — Set TrackPro Password. This means you will not be able to access TrackPro without this password. If you lose it/forget it, contact J. J. Keller Technical Support. Your database file will need to be emailed to them in order to retrieve it.
- Set Deliver Exit Password means that if set, you’ll be prompted to enter this password when trying to exit out of the Deliver screen. The checkbox means that, if checked, students will not only have to enter their Student ID when trying to access a course, but also a unique password that they set up for themselves on the Deliver screen.
CourseWorks has detected that SQL Server Express 2008 was not able to install correctly. Please consult the SQL Server Troubleshooting Guide location in the CourseWorks Documentation folder on the CourseWorks CD for additional information. This situation will most likely occur if you are doing a clean install (i.e. not an upgrade) of CourseWorks 7 on an XP or Vista machine. The reason this occurs is because SQL Server 2008 requires a few Microsoft components to be installed prior to the SQL installation. To resolve the issue:
- Uninstall CourseWorks 7 and any Microsoft SQL Server entries via the Control Panel.
- Delete the CrsWrks7 folder on the C:\ drive.
- Click on the links below to install the following 3 Microsoft components:
- Reinstall CourseWorks 7.
Cannot access the Courseworks® Database. C:\Crswrks6\db\Iprxdb
Grant full control to Iprxdb.mdf file.
- Browse to C:\CrsWrks6\db folder and find the Iprxdb.mdf file.*
- Right click on the Iprxdb file, and choose “Properties” from the drop down list.
- Click the Security tab in the Properties window. **
- Select the “Users” group.
- Check “Full Control” under the Allow column.
- Click Apply, then OK.
*If the file is NOT there, the CourseWorks® installation was not done correctly, and the program needs to be reinstalled. When reinstalling, make sure you are running everything the install calls for: Adobe Reader and SQL express. If you are not an Admin on the computer, someone with Admin rights will need to log in and do the install, otherwise SQL Express will not be able to be installed.
**If you do not have a security tab:
- Click Tools in Windows Explorer.
- Choose Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Advanced settings, uncheck “Use simple file sharing (Recommended)”.
Number of Licenses Exceeded for Deliver
This means someone was kicked out of a course or improperly exited a course. To clear the error, simply go to TrackPro — View — View Student Network Status. Highlight the student and click Logout. When the student re-enters the course they will be asked to “Continue” or “Restart.” They can click Continue and be taken back to the spot in the course where they left off.
No courses show up when I go to “Setup” and select “Course Setup.”
This is because only Marcom courses and older J. J. Keller courses can be modified. If you’d like to verify which type of course you have, please contact J. J. Keller Technical Support.