Scissor Lifts for Construction - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Product Code: 51295
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
Scissor lifts are work platforms used to safely move workers vertically and to different locations in a variety of industries including manufacturing, retail, and construction. Due to their versatility, they provide convenience to employees by eliminating the additional need of scaffolding or ladders to perform common tasks.
Scissor lift safety is critical and depends on considering equipment capabilities, limitations and safe work practices. Over a one-year period, OSHA investigated 10 preventable fatalities and more than 20 preventable injuries resulting from a variety of incidents involving scissor lifts. OSHA's investigations found that most of these injuries and fatalities were the result of employers not addressing fall protection, stabilization, and positioning.
This course is designed to familiarize you with the different types of hazards related to scissor lifts, as well as help you understand what preventive measures you can take to stay safe while operating or working near them.
- The J. J. Keller's Scissor Lifts for Construction eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Using Scissor Lifts Safely
- What is a Scissor Lift?
- Types of Hazards
- Inspection & Maintenance
- Fall Protection
- Using Scissor Lifts Safely
- After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the types of hazards associated with scissor lifts
- Explain safe work practices related to the inspection, maintenance, fall protection, stabilization, and positioning
- Discuss training and re-training requirements for employees who use them on the job
- Intended Audience: Any employee in construction who uses a scissor lift
- Regs Covered:
- 1910.333(c) – Selection and Use of Work Practices
- 1926.451 – General requirements
- 1926.452(w) – Additional requirements applicable to specific types of scaffolds - mobile scaffolds
- 1926.454 – Training requirements
- ANSI/SIA A92.3 – Manually Propelled Elevating Aerial Platform
- ANSI/SIA A92.6 – Self-Propelled Elevating Work Platforms
- Length: 20 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.