Sanitary Food Transportation - Online Training Course
Add 25 Points To Cart
Best Selling Online Courses
This program is available for 25 points per seat. A seat is one person assigned to one course. Already have a J. J. Keller® Training account? Click here to log in. If you are a new customer, click here to learn more about Training Points.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), an agency that carriers and drivers may not be used to dealing with, published the “Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food” rule on April 6, 2016.
This rule, published under the Food Safety Modernization Act (or FSMA), requires anyone involved in transporting human and animal food by motor or rail vehicle to follow recognized best practices for sanitary transportation. Such practices include maintaining proper temperatures, adequately cleaning vehicles between loads, and protecting food during transport.
This course is designed to give learners an overview of the FDA's Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food rule. Specifically, it covers all parts of the regulation: general provisions, vehicles and transportation equipment, transportation operations, training, records and waivers.
Note: This course does not cover specifics in regards to food safety problems that may occur during transportation, sanitary practices to address those potential problems, or other specific responsibilities to ensure food safety during transport. Sanitary conditions and controls will vary based on type of food and vehicle used in transportation.
Under the new rule, drivers transporting food must receive training that covers:
- How to identify potential food safety problems that may occur during transportation
- Basic sanitary food transportation practices
- The requirements of the food DOT safety regulations
Compliance deadline for the new rule:
- For businesses other than small businesses — April 6, 2017
- For small businesses (Any carrier that has annual receipts of less than $27.5 million) — April 6, 2018
The J. J. Keller's Sanitary Food Transportation eLearning course covers the following topics:
- General Provisions
- Transporting Food Safely
- Vehicles & Transportation Equipment
- Transportation Operations
- Training, Records & Waivers
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify who is subject to the Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food rule
- Explain the requirements for vehicles and transportation equipment along with transportation operations
- Apply general best practices for sanitary transportation
- Discuss training requirements, record retention and waivers
Intended Audience: Shippers, receivers, loaders, carriers and other food service employees engaged in transportation operations whether or not the food is being offered for or enters interstate commerce.
Length: 20 minutes
Regs Covered: Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food Rule and 21 CFR Part 1, Subpart O
Copyright Date: 2017
Interested in a license to use J. J. Keller content on your LMS?
For a quote to use this training on your learning management system, contact us at email@example.com or
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows 8, Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or higher
- Mobile App: Android v7 — Nougat (8/2016) and above, iOS v11 and above
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
WEB BROWSERS THAT BEST SUPPORT HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Chromium, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac & Mobile App: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
J. J. Keller® Training
J. J. Keller's Interactive Online training programs are purchased using Points so you can get as much or as little as you need. The Points you purchase can be used for any course on J. J. Keller® Training.
All our Interactive Online courses feature:
- Easy purchasing and planning for the training you need
- 24/7 access to all our interactive online and streamlining video programs
- Hundreds of titles to choose from
- Free recordkeeping tool to track and report on all training activity
- One year window from date of purchase to use your Points
For information on unlimited purchasing options, please contact us 1-888-601-2018.
If you already have a J. J. Keller® Training account and wish to log in, click here.